Subject: Program for calculating accessible surface area

From: [email-masked] (Stephen J. Cook)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 94 09:49:54 -0500

Folks,

  I'm looking for a program to calculate the accessible surface area available
to a penetrant molecule in some well-defined molecular space.  Although I'm
specifically interested in the ACCESSIBLE surface area of a molecular sieve,
I suspect that similar programs written for drug or polymer applications would
work just as well.

Thanks.

Steve Cook

*********************************************************************
* Steve Cook                                [email-masked]   *
* Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.          Tel. (610) 481-2135     *
* 7201 Hamilton Blvd.                       FAX  (610) 481-2446     *
* Allentown, PA 18195                                               *
* USA                                                               *
*********************************************************************
*             Emacs - the choice of a GNU generation                *
*********************************************************************

---

From: ""Chris Marshall (Argonne Nat. Laboratory)"" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 1994 10:48:44 -0600

Steve,

I would be very interested in hearing what you get back on this note.
I am involved in zeolite and amorphous catalyst synthesis and characterization
so this type of software would be of interest to me.  Would you please 
forward anything pertinent to me at the address below.

Thanks.

Chris
**********************************************************************
* __________________________________________________________________ *
*|                                                                  |*
*|                     Christopher L. Marshall                      |*
*|            Research Scientist, Coal Chemistry Group              |*
*|                                                                  |*
*|   Argonne National Laboratory       Phone: (708) 252-4310        |*
*|   Building 200; Room L-121            FAX: (708) 252-9288        |*
*|   9700 South Cass Avenue         Internet: [email-masked]  |*
*|   Argonne, IL 60439-4831                                         |*
*|__________________________________________________________________|*
*                                                                    *
**********************************************************************