Subject: Call For Papers -- ACS Computers in Chemistry Division

From: "Angelo R. Rossi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 94 12:13:18 -0500

***************
                            CALL FOR PAPERS
                            ***************

                      American Chemical Society
                  Computers in Chemistry Division

             Washington, D.C. Meeting, August 21-26, 1994

Program Chair: Angelo R. Rossi, IBM Research Division, T. J. Watson
Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598; Voice: 914-945-3834;
Fax: 914-945-2141; e-mail: [email-masked].

Four(4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract Form) are
due by April 19, 1994 to respective session or symposium chairpersons.

PLEASE NOTE
===========
Inquiries about individual topical sessions should be made directly
to the appropriate session chair.
Inquires and abstracts for the General Oral and Poster Sessions
should be addressed to the Program Chair.

                          ===========
                          The Program
                          ===========

Bonding Models in Chemistry -- Two Sessions.
Professor Timothy R. Hughbanks, Department of Chemistry, College Station,
Texas 77843; Voice: 409-845-0215; Fax: 409-847-8860; e-mail: [email-masked];
Dr. Angelo R. Rossi, IBM Research Division, T. J. Watson Research Center,
Yorktown Heights, New York 10598; Voice: 914-945-3834; Fax: 914-945-2141;
e-mail: [email-masked].

Molecular Dynamics on Parallel Computers -- Two Sessions.
Dr. Bernard R. Brooks, Molecular Graphics and Simulation Laboratory, Division
of Computer Research and Technology, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892;
Voice: 301-496-0148; Fax: 301-496-2172; e-mail: [email-masked].

Simulation of Membranes and Other Liquid Crystalline Systems -- Two Sessions.
Dr. Richard W. Pastor, Biophysics Laboratory, Center
for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration,
Bethesda, Maryland 20892; Voice: 301-496-9508; Fax: 301-496-4684;
e-mail: [email-masked].

Current Topics in Computational Polymer Science -- Two Sessions.
Dr. John P. Puglia, Koch Membrane Systems, 850 Main Street, Wilmington,
MA 01887; Voice: 508-657-4250; Fax: 508-657-5208; e-mail: [email-masked].

Theoretical and Computational Modelling of NLO and Electronic Materials -- Five Sessions
Dr. A. T. Yeates, Wright Laboratory, Materials Directorate,
WL/MLBP Bldg. 654, 2941 P St. Ste. 1, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433-7750;
Voice: 513-255-9138; Fax: 513-255-9157; e-mail: [email-masked];
Dr. S. Karna, Photonics Research Laboratory, Dept. of Chemistry, SUNY
Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14214; Voice: 716-829-3010; Fax: 716-829-2447;
e-mail: [email-masked]

Computational Advances in Chemical Dynamics -- Two Sessions.
Dr. Evelyn Goldfield, Theoretical Chemistry Group, Chemistry Division,
Argonne National Laboratory, Argonne, IL 60439;
Voice: 708-252-4121; Fax: 708-252-4470; e-mail: [email-masked].

Experimental Design for Chemical Models -- Two Sessions.
Dr. Karen Rappaport, Hoechst Celanese Research Division, R. L. Mitchell
Technical Center, 86 Morris Ave., Summit, NJ 07901; Voice: 908-522-7868;
Fax: 908-522-3913; e-mail: [email-masked].

What Chemists Should Know About Computers and How To Get It. -- One Session.
Professor Raymond E. Dessy, Chemistry Department, Virginia Polytechnic
Institute and State University, 107 Davidson Hall, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061;
Voice: 703-231-5842; Fax: 703-231-3255; e-mail: [email-masked];

Molecular Similarity and Database for Drug Design -- Two Sessions.
Dr. B. D. Silverman, IBM Research Division, T. J. Watson Research Center,
Yorktown Heights, New York 10598; Voice 914-784-7055; Fax: 914-784-7055;
e-mail: [email-masked].
Dr. Dave Weiniger. Daylight CIS, 419 East Palace Ave., Santa FE, NM 87501;
Voice: 505-989-1000; Fax: 505-989-1200; e-mail: [email-masked].

Artificial Intelligence in Chemistry -- Three Sessions.
Professor Dan P. Dolata, Department of Chemistry, University of Arizona,
Tucson, Arizona 85721; Voice: 602-621-6337; Fax: 602-621-8407; e-mail:
[email-masked].

Multitasking Workstations for Scientists -- Two Sessions.
Dr. James W. Cooper, IBM Research Division, T. J. Watson Research Center,
Yorktown Heights, New York 10598; Voice: 914-945-1356; Fax: 914-945-2141;
e-mail: [email-masked].

General Computational Chemistry - Poster and Oral Sessions.
Dr. Angelo Rossi, IBM Research Division, T. J. Watson Research Center,
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598; Voice: 914-945-3834; Fax: 914-945-2141;
e-mail: [email-masked].