Subject: Lithium Parameters

From: [email-masked] (Mark A. Zottola)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 94 18:22:29 -0500

I would like to use MSI's Polaris program to study an organolithium
reaction. However, there are no parameters with Polaris for Li+.
Moreover, MSI says that there are no current plans to expand the
current parameterization. Are there any Polaris users out there who
have begun their own parameterizations and would be willing to discuss
their methodology with me? 
As I am not tied to MSI software, I would fully welcome any other
suggestions that do not involve me developing parameters. Thanks!

           ********************************************** 
           *                                            * 
           *   Mark A. Zottola                          * 
           *   [email-masked]                      * 
           *   Department of Chemistry                  * 
           *   Duke University                          * 
           *                                            * 
           * 'The fault, dear Brutus, lies not with     * 
           *  ourselves, rather within our CPU's...'    * 
           *  (with due apologies to W.S.)              * 
           *                                            * 
           **********************************************