Subject: old E&S PS-390

From: [email-masked] (Ghislain Deslongchamps)
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 94 15:34:57 AST

Dear netters,
     This may sound like prehistory but here goes anyway:

A few years ago we acquired a used Evans&Sutherland PS-390 workstation /
MicroVaxII for running MacroModel 2.5.  After using the system successfully
for a few months, the hard disk of the MicroVax died and so did our hopes
for its revival.  We replaced the hard disk but it was preloaded with
Ultrix (MacroModel ran under VMS 4.5). We haven't been able to reload VMS
from our old TK-50 tapes.

We have since bought an Indigo-XS24 running MacroModel 3.5X for
research-level molecular modelling but would like to revive the E&S PS-390
for undergraduate teaching purposes.

I guess the idea would be to somehow get VMS 4.5 to run again and to
re-load our old MacroModel.  Can anyone help?  Any other low-cost
suggestions?

Thanks

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+ Ghislain Deslongchamps, Assistant Professor +
+ Department of Chemistry                     +
+ University of New Brunswick                 +
+ Fredericton, N.B.  CANADA  E3B 5A3          +
+ e-mail:  [email-masked]                    +
+ phone:   506-453-4792    ext. 7254          +
+ FAX:     506-453-4599                       +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++