Subject: Distance geometry

From: JING KONG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 1994 11:05:34 -0400

Dear netters,

	Sorry for bugging you again.  I need a plain introduction to 
distance geometry to see if it will help me.  Also I would like to know
the current state of its applications, its limits, and its software
availability.  

	Thanks!

Jing Kong
Dalhousie

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 94 12:36:45 -0500

>>the current state of its applications, its limits, and its software

Jeff Blaney and I just did a review article on distance geometry and its use
in modeling which we think is pretty readable and which covers various 
applications and advantages/disadvantages of DG.  The reference is
J. M. Blaney and J. S. Dixon, "Distance Geometry in Molecular Modeling", 
Reviews in Computational Chemistry Vol 5 (K. B. Lipkowitz and D. B. Boyd eds) 
pp 299-336, VCH Publishers (1994).

There are a number of DG programs available including several commercial
products (e. g. DG-II from Biosym, Rubicon from Daylight Chemical Information
Systems, and XPLOR/DG from MSI) as well as DGEOM available from QCPE.

Scott Dixon ([email-masked])