Subject: Re: CCL:Any info regarding workshop or meeting held in Chicago?

From: Dave Winkler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 94 09:52:35 EST

The meeting is the 13th Annual Conference of the Molecular Graphics Society, 
Northwestern University, July 9-13. Two of the organizers are Nicole van 
Opdenbosch ([email-masked]) ,and Yvonne Martin ([email-masked]).

The 1995 MGS meeting will be held in Queensland, Australia (somewhere near the 
Great Barrier Reef).  It is sponsored by the US and European Molecular Graphics 
Societies and the Royal Australian Chemical Institute.  Peter Andrews 
([email-masked]) and I are two of the organizers.  I will make 
regular posting about this meeting closer to the time.

Cheers,

Dave

   Dr. David A. Winkler                        Voice: 61-3-542-2244      
   Principal Research Scientist                Fax:   61-3-543-8160      
   CSIRO Division of Chemicals and Polymers
   Private Bag 10       
   Clayton, Australia.

   "Life is what happens to you while you're making other plans"
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Dr. J. Phillip Bowen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 94 16:05:59 -0500

Hello,

I am not sure what is being planned for Chicago, but you might like to 
consider the American Chemical Society (ACS) short courses in moleculr
modeling that we held at the University of Georgia.  We are planning to
have two short courses back-to-back during the last two weeks of July.
We will have hardware from SGI and IBM, as well as a variety of software
packages available (Biosym, Tripos, MSI, Wavefunction, MDL Information
There will be a number of speakers who will lecture and oversee "hands-on"
workshops.  They include N. L. Allinger (Georgia), J. P. Bowen (Georgia),
A. Tropsha (North Carolina), D. Liotta (Emory), R. Pealman (Texas),
M. Clark (Tripos), O. Guner (MDL), G. Frey (Biosym), D. Minnor (MSI),
W. Hehre (Wavefunction).  You should call the ACS for more information
and ask about the short courses 1-800-227-5558 ext 921.

Phil Bowen
---------------------------------------------------------------------------