Subject: MGS'94 information

From: tj ODonnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 1994 15:23:51 -0600

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        13th Annual Conference of the Molecular Graphics Society        

                "Molecular Graphics at the Frontier"
                        July 9-13, 1994
                    Northwestern University
                       Evanston, Illinois

Theme

The theme of the 13th Annual Conference of the Molecular Graphics Society
will be Molecular Graphics at the Frontier. The conference will feature a
series of lectures on the latest developments in molecular graphics
technology and applications organized into seven half day sessions. 
Each session will begin with a main lecture followed by selected oral
presentations. 

Keynote Address:  Professor Fred Brooks 
                  University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Session 1:        President's Forum: 
                  New Directions in the Molecular Modeling Industry

Session 2:        New Software Systems and Programming Paradigms for 
                  Molecular Graphics

Session 3:        Graphical Representation in Quantum Chemistry

Session 4:        Visualizing the Geometry and Topology of Molecular
                  Structure, Properties and Interactions

Session 5:        Communicating, Collaborating and Educating via Molecular
                  Graphics

Session 6:        Toward the Design of New Materials

Session 7:        Late Breaking Results

Poster Session

Contributed posters will be on display throughout the meeting with 
time in the schedule designated for poster viewing.

Conference Organizers

        Program Committee               Local Organizing Committee

        Arthur Olson, Chairman          T.J. O'Donnell
        Fred Brooks                     Yvonne Martin
        Nicole Van Opdenbosch
        Robert Langridge        

Information

The meeting will open mid-afternoon on Saturday, July 9 and will end
late afternoon on Wednesday, July 13. More detailed information as
well as abstract and registration forms will follow in the next circular.

Important dates:

Abstract deadline: March 15, 1994

Early registration deadline: May 1, 1994

Direct information can also be obtained by writing to:

        13th Annual Conference of the Molecular Graphics Society
        P.O. Box 267929
        Chicago, IL 60626

FAX: 312 743 7246       e-mail: [email-masked]

SPECIAL EVENTS   

Call for Entries

Molecular Graphics Art Show

The Molecular Graphics Art Show will showcase artistic 
works which capture the complexity, diversity and beauty 
of the molecular world in visual form.

Original works with a molecular theme are invited in 
a broad range of formats: computer-generated or 
hand-produced two-dimensional works, three-dimensional 
works of sculpture, and interactive pieces.

Entries accepted for the Molecular Graphics Art Show 
will be displayed at the 1994 Meeting of the Molecu-
lar Graphics Society. The Molecular Graphics Art Show will be 
documented in a special issue of the Journal of Molecular 
Graphics. For more information, contact:

        David Goodsell                  Tel. (310) 206-8270
        Molecular Biology Institute     e-mail: [email-masked]
        University of California        FAX (310) 825-0982      
        Los Angeles, CA 90024

Film and Video Show

This year there will be an evening devoted to Molecular Animation.
We invite submissions of original films or videos depicting molecular themes.
Content can be highly technical, educational, or simply entertaining. 
The goal is to provide a forum for the best in molecular animation,
and to demonstrate advances in the art and science of conveying molecular
structure and function.

Entries accepted for the Molecular Graphics Film and Video Show will be 
presented on Sunday Night at a special session of the Meeting. 
For more information, contact: 

        Teresa Larsen                           Tel. (619) 554-4392
        The Scripps Research Institute, MB5             
        10666 N. Torrey Pines Rd.               FAX (619) 554-6860
        La Jolla, CA 92037
        e-mail: [email-masked]

Commercial Hardware and Software Exhibits

A commercial exhibition of molecular graphics hardware and
software will be organized and accessible 
during the conference. To obtain further information on 
exhibits please contact:

Ed Lamoureaux
P.O. Box 267929
Chicago, IL 60626
FAX: 312 743 7246