Subject: Problems compiling Mopac 6 on an esv UNIX box.

From: [email-masked] (Edward Wolpert)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 94 16:38:04 EST

Netters-
	I've been trying to compile Mopac 6 on an esv (mips) unix box, with
esv RISC/os, which is a mix of sysv and bsd unix.  

	The program compiled without a problem, but the tests failed badly.
The heat of formation energy was off by a magnitude of 10^5.  The
validation.mem file said that this was a problem seen on some unix boxes,
gave the impression that there was a way to fix it, but never mentioned how
to fix it.  Specifically, it said:

	"Errors already encountered in porting MOPAC
	 1.  Heats of formation grossly in error -- conversion fault."

Does anyone know where I can look to find the source of this error?

		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert
---------------------------
[email-masked]            | System Administrator
[email-masked]  | Systems Programmer
[email-masked]	   | Graduate Chemistry Student
---------------------------