Subject: MOIL-View information

From: Carlos Simmerling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 94 11:13:03 CST

Since several people replied to my original message asking for a list
of MOIL-View users by asking exactly what MOIL-View is, I will post
this directly to the list.

MOIL-View   Written by Carlos Simmerling
****************************************

MOIL-View is a program for Silicon Graphics and IBM RS/6000 workstations
designed to allow the user to view a molecular structure. Many of the
options have been implemented with the user of MOIL in mind, and
some of the routines come directly from the MOIL program.

 GENERAL FEATURES
 ----------------

mouse and menu interface
read/write CHARMm format CRD files as well as PDB files
OPTIONAL use of MOIL connectivity files for bonding information
allows rotation,translation etc. of structure
DCD-type dynamic files may be read and a movie can be shown
compression option for faster playback of complicated dynamics
support for NTSC/genlock video
display objects as lines, ribbons and/or spheres
two molecules may be shown
overlap function to minimize rms of selected particles of two molecules
user definable colors and particle selection
shows distances, angles and torsions
find and display hydrogen bonds
postscript output of structures and bitmap images
print contact maps of molecules
full source code (FORTRAN) available for ease of modification

Carlos Simmerling
University of Illinois at Chicago
Department of Chemistry (M/C 111)
845 W. Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60607-7061

[email-masked]