Subject: XMol: WWW, RS/6000 version

From: [email-masked] (David C. Doherty)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 11:08:07 -0600

Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc. (MSCI) is pleased to 
make two announcements:

1. We have made the XMol User Guide available via World Wide
   Web (WWW).  To access this document from one of the various
   flavors of Mosaic (X, Mac, Win), open the following Universal
   Resource Locator (URL) from the File Menu:
   
   http://www.arc.umn.edu/GVL/Software/xmol/XMol.html
   
2. In response to very heavy demand, we have now made available
   an RS/6000 version of XMol.  Some of you have already noticed
   its availability, and a few users have reported some spurious
   error messages when running it under certain conditions.  We believe
   that these messages, which don't affect the running of XMol, are
   due to problems in the AIX Motif libraries, for which we do not 
   have source code.  
   
As always, XMol may be anonymous ftp'ed from:

   ftp://ftp.msc.edu/pub/xmol

Get the README file for downloading and installation instructions.

It is now also possible to download it via the WWW Server listed
above.

One final note:  Among the conditions under which we make XMol 
freely available is the condition that we remain its sole 
distributor.  In order to ensure that XMol remains freely available,
please abide by this restriction and do not make it available
for redistribution via anonymous ftp, gopher, WWW, etc.  A full
description of the conditions under which XMol is released is
contained in the README file.  Please read it.

Comments and suggestions should be directed to [email-masked].

Thanks for listening, and happy XMol'ing!

Dave Doherty

---
David C. Doherty
Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc.
[email-masked]