Subject: IRIS Explorer data type discussion

From: [email-masked] (Malcolm Davis)
Date: 01 Apr 1994 15:57:55 -0500

I have posted my proposal for a new IRIS Explorer chemistry data type
to comp.graphics.explorer to serve as a starting point for a data type
discussion.  If you are interested in participating, please join us
there.

Also let me note (in response to a couple messages I received) that
being able to handle the data in IRIS Explorer is not the problem.
Even without the user data type support that was implemented in
version 2, it is not difficult to get any chemical data into Explorer.
The problem is that there are many ways to do this.  To limit the
fragmentation of development effort, however, it would be nice to have
an improved standard data type.

Malcolm

--
Malcolm E. Davis

USMail: Macromolecular Modeling
        Bristol-Myers Squibb
	P.O.Box 4000
        Princeton, NJ 08543-4000
Email : [email-masked]
Phone : 609-252-4324
FAX   : 609-252-6030
Office: LV H.3812