Subject: normal coordinate calculation revisited

From: [email-masked] (Dongchul Lim)
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 1994 12:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

Dear netters:
Calculation of vibrational frequencies (eigenvalues) and atomic
displacements (from eigenvectors) for each normal mode of vibration
>from structural parameters, atomic masses and a force field
is a well-known procedure. I want to collect various normal mode
computation procedures, especially from empirical force fields.
I would greatly appreciate any pointers (subroutine, literature,
etc.) to this subject.
I'll summarize to the net if there is a great interest.
Below, I listed some literature related to frequency calculation.
Thank you.
-D.L.

1. W. D. Gwinn. J. Chem. Phys. 1971, 55, 477.
2. A. R. Lacey. J. Chem. Ed. 1987, 64. 756.
3. Barlow, A. and M. Diem. J. Chem. Ed. 1991, 68, 35.
   I tried to contact the authors without sucess.
   Does anyone have their program described in this article?