Subject: AutoNom - structure to name conversion

From: "DR. DOUGLAS A. SMITH, UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 1994 21:23:36 -0500 (EST)

A recent posting noted:

>Someone asked if there is a program that will take a structure as input
>and give the name.  Since this may be of some general interest I'm 
>replying to the net.  Springer Verlag (the Angewandte Chemie people)
>apparently sell a program called AutoNom that does this.  The is an
>eye-catching advertisement for it in J Org Chem 1993 58 page 4a.

I did a review of version 1.0 of this software, which appeared in
J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1992, 114, 10680 - 10681.  I liked the program, although
it was at that time limited to certain functional groups and no 3D
stereochemistry.  I don't know what the folks at the Beilstein Institute,
who are developing the software, have done since.

Douglas A. Smith
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
Center for Drug Design and Development
 and
Chairman-elect, ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry

The University of Toledo
Toledo, OH  43606-3390

voice    419-537-2116
fax      419-537-4033
email    [email-masked]