Subject: depreciation of workstations

From: "DR. DOUGLAS A. SMITH, UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 1994 13:29:45 -0500 (EST)

Can anyone tell me if there is a generally accepted (i.e. by CPAs) 
depreciation schedule for computer workstations?  Is there a general rule
of thumb which can be used?

In particular, I am curious about Apollo DN4500 workstations (which ran
using the Motorola 68030 chip).  If these were obtained in early 1989, what
would be their worth 3,4, and 5 years later (assuming they were in good,
working condition)?  How does one calculate worth if certain components
were inoperable and not repairable?

Doug

Douglas A. Smith
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
Center for Drug Design and Development
 and
Chairman-elect, ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry

The University of Toledo
Toledo, OH  43606-3390

voice    419-537-2116
fax      419-537-4033
email    [email-masked]