Subject: Tek etc...

From: "/R=UKC/R=A1/U=TOMKINSON_NP/O=Physical Chemistry/FFN=Nicholas Tomkinson/"@ccl.net
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 1994 10:43:00 +0000 (GMT)

Is it my imagination or are people responding directly to
               requests rather than posting to the net? Anyway, someone asked
               a while back about tek410* emulation for SG xterms and I
               wondered if anyone had any info on this. Also someone asked
               about WWW etc. and again I second the question. On a similar
               subject, does anyone know where I can get hold of a gopher
               client for VAX's? And does anyone have the address for the
               SYbyl and Biosym user group email exploders? 
               Thanks in advance 
               Nick Tomkinson
               P.S. If replying direct the address is as follows as my
               address
               seems to get scrambled when I email.
               [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Edward Wolpert)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 94 08:38:38 EDT

Tom- (I'm sending this reply to the net as well.)                 

               Is it my imagination or are people responding directly to
               requests rather than posting to the net? Anyway, someone asked
               a while back about tek410* emulation for SG xterms and I
               wondered if anyone had any info on this. 

No, As the original poster of this question, I've not gotten any replies on a
tek411x emulator for any xterm, to run on X11R4 or X11R5.  I did get some
folks who also wanted to know, for me to send replies.  I'm still looking for
a UNIX (Not SGI, but something that I can compile on an E&S, or RS/6000
platform) emulator for a Tek411x terminal.  Normal xterm's seem to only do
tek 4014.  I'm looking for a non-comercial product.

               Also someone asked

In short, WWW is a system to store information, and make it available to the
net.  It can be consider a database server.  There are clients that can
display the information nicely, such as Mosaic.  For more information, check
out the FAQ in the ftp site of rtfm.mit.edu, and go to the 
/pub/usenet-by-group/comp.infosystems.www directory, where they store all the
FAQ's about www.

As far as a vax gopher, no.  But check archie, with gopher, as the root word,
and see what you can find.  Also, try the privious mention ftp site; lots of
good information there about the internet and computers.

The Sybyl exploder's address is:[email-masked].  This is not the
help server, but the actual exploder, as re-quested.

		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert

---------------------------
[email-masked]            | System Administrator
[email-masked]   | Systems Programmer
[email-masked]	   | Graduate Chemistry Student
---------------------------
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...

---

From: ""Chris Marshall (Argonne Nat. Laboratory)"" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 1994 09:24:11 -0500

The Biosym User Group Exploder is:

	[email-masked]

Chris
**********************************************************************
* __________________________________________________________________ *
*|                                                                  |*
*|                     Christopher L. Marshall                      |*
*|            Research Scientist, Coal Chemistry Group              |*
*|                                                                  |*
*|   Argonne National Laboratory       Phone: (708) 252-4310        |*
*|   Building 200; Room L-121            FAX: (708) 252-9288        |*
*|   9700 South Cass Avenue         Internet: [email-masked]    |*
*|   Argonne, IL 60439-4831       (NOTE--NEW GENERAL email ADDRESS) |*
*|__________________________________________________________________|*
*                                                                    *
**********************************************************************