Subject: Looking for RMS distance calculator

From: Luca Jovine <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 12:56:19 METDST

Dear Netters,

I am looking for a program that could calculate a RMS distance matrix
for a set of homologous molecular structures (possibly in PDB format).
It would be even better if such program allowed to pick which parts of
the structures to compare (for example, only P atoms, or all atoms of
a subset of nts, etc. - as you can guess I need it for comparing some
nucleic acid structures), without having to do it by hand by editing
the PDB files.

Does such a program exist, and, if so, how to get it? (I can use Macs
or SGI or HP or Windows/DOS).

Thank you very much in advance,

                                      Luca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
   Luca Jovine

   Dipartimento di Biologia e di Genetica dei Microrganismi
   Universita' degli Studi di Milano
   Via Celoria 26
   I-20133 Milano
   ITALY
 
   Voice:  +39.2.26605213
   FAX:    +39.2.2664551
   E-Mail: [email-masked]

   "I'll give you a definitive maybe" (Sam Goldwyn)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------