Subject: 1,3-dipolar cycloadditions

From: Jose Ignacio Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 20:25:11 MET

Dear netters,

I intend to start a study about the reaction between diazomethane and a series
of complex dipolarophiles. Given that the important size of these systems, I
have planned to use semiempirical methods (AM1 and PM3). I have some references
dealing with the use of these type of calculations to locate transition
structures in this kind of reactions, but the conclusions seem some controversial.
I would acknowledge any ideas or suggestions on this topic.
Of course, I will summarize the responses to the net.

*******************************************************************************
Dr. Jose Ignacio Garcia-Laureiro              Phone : 34-(9)76-350475
Departamento de Quimica Organica              Fax   : 34-(9)76-567920
Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Aragon  e-mail: [email-masked]
C.S.I.C.-Universidad de Zaragoza                      [email-masked]
50009 ZARAGOZA (SPAIN)                                [email-masked]
*******************************************************************************

"And all this science I don't understand it's just my job five days a week..."

                                               ELTON JOHN - Rocket man

*******************************************************************************