Subject: CCL:1995, 01: Computational Biology and Parallel Computing, Hawaii

From: Herbert Homeier (t4720) <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 94 16:37:25 +0200

Hi, netters,
the conference described below may be of interest to some of you.
Best regards
Herbert
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Herbert H. H. Homeier
Institut fuer Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie
Universitaet Regensburg
D-93040 Regensburg, Germany
Phone: +49-941-943 4720                FAX  : +49-941-943 2305
email: [email-masked]    (preferred)
       [email-masked]
       [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------

From: Timothy Mattson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 94 09:58:25 PDT
Subject: Parallel Computational Biology

                    Call For Papers and Referees
             Computational Biology and Parallel Computing
                             for the
                        BioTechnology Track
                             of the
 28th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, HICSS-28
                Maui, Hawaii - January 3-6, 1995

The Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences traditionally
attracts leading researchers in the both the biotechnology and
parallel computing disciplines.  This minitrack takes advantage
of this unique overlap by creating a forum for papers that discuss
the use of parallel and distributed computers in the biological
sciences.  This includes a wide range of problems, some of
which are:

     * protein folding
     * sequence analysis
     * linkage analysis
     * molecular modeling
     * computational chemistry
       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^             (sic!)

These papers will be carefully refereed, so please let us know if
you are willing to referee -- even if you can't submit a paper.
Contact either of the organizers if you have any questions.

                       ORGANIZERS

Timothy G. Mattson (Tim)                  L. Ridgway Scott
Intel Supercomputer Systems Division      Department of Mathematics
Mail Stop CO6-09                          University of Houston
14924 N.W. Greenbrier Pkwy                Houston, TX   77204--3476
Beaverton, OR 97229
Phone: (503) 531-5627                     Phone: 713-743-3445
FAX:   (503) 531-5501                     FAX:   713-743-3505
email: [email-masked]                  email: [email-masked]