Subject: force fields and forces

From: [email-masked] (Ferenc Molnar)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 94 18:55:55 +0200

Dear Netters:

I was wondering if anybody out there could give me
a reference to a good review or book covering the 
following topics:

1) Where to find a good (and complete) compilation
   of empirical force field parameters
   (AMBER, MMX, etc.)

2) How to derive forces acting on individual atoms 
   from a given empirical force field, 
   consisting of e.g.: bond stretch,
   angle bending, torsional potential terms etc.

If there is a common interest, I will report to the net.

Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Ferenc 

Ferenc Molnar

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Institut fuer Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie
- Lehrstuhl Prof. Dick -                   Tel.:  (+49) 941 943-4466 /-4486
Universitaet Regensburg                    Fax.:  (+49) 941 943-4488
Universitaetsstrasse 31
D-93053 Regensburg
Deutschland / Germany
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EMail (SMTP):  [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-) I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast,
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
       -- John Paul Jones, USN 1747-1792 ;-)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------