Subject: CCL:Looking for RMS distance calculator

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 1994 08:06:58 +0300

On Apr 11, 12:56pm, Luca Jovine wrote:
> Subject: CCL:Looking for RMS distance calculator
>
> Dear Netters,
>
> I am looking for a program that could calculate a RMS distance matrix
> for a set of homologous molecular structures (possibly in PDB format).
> It would be even better if such program allowed to pick which parts of
> the structures to compare....

The program SCARECROW has also a facility to calculate a RMS distance
matrix for a set of molecular structures. It is possible to display 
the result on the screen of a SGI machine or write it to disk. The user can
choose the atoms to include in the comparison list. I have used it a bit in
a crude cluster analysis approach.

For more information about SCARECROW look at:

URL: http://www.csc.fi/lul/chem/scarecrow/jmg_scare.html

The program is still available from nic.funet.fi using the 
anonymous ftp account from directory pub/sci/chem/scarecrow.

Cheers,

-leif laaksonen

-------------------------------------------------------------------
 Leif Laaksonen                     |
 Center for Scientific Computing    | Phone:      358 0 4572378
 P.O. Box 405                       | Telefax:    358 0 4572302
 FIN-02101 Espoo                    | Voice Mail: 358 486257407
 FINLAND                            | Mail:  [email-masked]
--------URL: http://www.csc.fi/lul/leif/leif.laaksonen.html--------

              New opinions are always suspected, and
              usually opposed, without any other 
              reason but because they are not already
              common.

                                   John Locke
-------------------------------------------------------------------