Subject: WWW94 and chemistry

From: [email-masked] (Henry Rzepa) (Henry Rzepa)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 1994 15:07:00 +0000

To the OSC Mail Exploder:

The first www conference is being organised on 25-27 May
at CERN in Switzerland. A series of workshops are being organised
for specialist subject disciplines. I have proposed a workshop on
the use of WWW for Chemistry, and have been
designated its coordinator. To see the current list, connect to
http://cui_www.unige.ch/WWW94/Workshops/workshop.list.html
 and for my "position paper" connect to;
http://cui_www.unige.ch/WWW94/Workshops/Rzepa.Henry.position.html

I am hoping that at least two or three others may wish to make contributions to
this workshop. If you are interested, either mail
 Ibrahim Bertrand <[email-masked]>
or me,
preferably enclosing a short discussion paper in "html" format, which
will be mounted at the www server. If you wish to register for www94,
go to
http://www1.cern.ch/WWW94/Registration.html
(it can be done with a "form" and credit card there and then! Now thats
the way to organise a conference! ACS and RSC are you listening?)
Whilst attendance is desirable if your
contribution is more than a comment (after all I do not want to hold a
workshop just with myself) some contributions "without attendance"
could be accepted (Ibrahim Bertrand is the final arbitor on this!)

This venue also offers an chance to find out the directions of www development,
and perhaps even influence the directions it goes
in!  Chemists have been thoroughly left behind by the molecular
biologists, and we must catch up!

Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.02, Tel:+44  71 225 8339, Fax:+44 71 589 3869.
>From June '94: (44) 171 584 5774, Fax: (44) 171 584 5804
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html