Subject: DEC Alpha configuration, some questions ?

From: "Dr. Mrigank" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 94 12:26:13 +0530

Hi

I have posted the following to vmsnet.alpha USENET group but without any
response. So i am posting it here. any help ?

We are getting a configuration like follows very soon.

DEC 3000/600 2GB disk, 64 MB RAM OSF/1 		1No
DEC 3000/300LX 535mb disk, 32 MB RAM OSF/1 	3No
DEC 3000/300LX 535mb disk, 32 MB RAM OpenVMS 	4No

We already have an MicroVax II and a few PCs[DOS].

We plan to put digital machines on ethernet LAN with 600 main serevr.

I have follwoing questions.

o    Is it possible to boot 300LX[osf] from main server? That is w.o.
     putting the OS on each disk? 

o    What are the PD software avialable for making a farms envirinment
     and making the farms a PVM? What are the sources of those? 

o    How much resource sharing can be done between OSF and VMS
     machines? 

o    Is it possible to use ZLX-M1 board in main machine from any other
     machine? 

Thanks in advance.
Mrigank
-- 
Dr. Mrigank                       \/Phone  +91 172 45004 x216
Institute of Microbial Technology /\Email:  [email-masked]
P O Box 1304, Sector 39A          \/UUCP:...!uunet!sangam!vikram!imtech!mrigank
Chandigarh 160 014 India.         /\Fax    +91 172 40985 
==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+==+
-- When I feed the poor, they call me saint. When I ask why the poors do
   not have food, they call me communist - Archbishop Camaran