Subject: Density Functional Models

From: [email-masked] (Charles Martin)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 1994 17:26:49 -0600 (CDT)

Netters,

	Beased on the recent discussions of semiempirical methods,
I am wondering how far the theoretical development of density
functional theory (DFT) has come.  For example, as with semiempirical
model Hamiltonian, it is possible to compute the exact denisty functional
operators for a given molecule (with a nonuniform denisty)
using ab initio many-body techniques  (See, for instance, 
Karl F. Freed and Mel Levy, JCP 77(1), page 396,  1 July 1992).
Has anyone ever tried this?  Is anyone working on this or
something similar?   Are there any recent review articles on DFT?

Thanks
Chuck
==================================================================
Charles H. Martin

email: [email-masked]

US Mail:
        c/o Freed Group
        The James Franck Institute and 
        The Department of Chemistry
        The University of Chicago
        5640 South Ellis Avenue
        Chicago, Illinois  60637

Work:  (312) 702-3457
Fax:   (312) 702-5863  
==================================================================