Subject: Optimization convergence criteria in Gaussian 92

From: Dongchul Lim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 94 23:27:54 EDT

Dear Gaussian users:
Is there a way to loosen the optimization convergence criteria
in gaussian 92? I found OPT=TIGHT and OPT=VERYTIGHT to tighten
the criteria but I coundn't find the other way.
One of my SCRF jobs is running for weeks like below.
Should I just kill this and run a frequency job?
-DL
........
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436815579     A.U. after    1 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436815747     A.U. after   10 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436815414     A.U. after   11 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436815955     A.U. after   11 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816055     A.U. after   10 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816105     A.U. after    8 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816153     A.U. after   10 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816183     A.U. after    8 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816212     A.U. after    8 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816245     A.U. after    8 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436815212     A.U. after   11 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816291     A.U. after   11 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816321     A.U. after    8 cycles
 SCF Done:  E(RHF) =  -453.436816346     A.U. after    8 cycles