Subject: Re: CCL:lapack

From: [email-masked] (David E. Bernholdt)
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 14:47:27 -0400

While Thomas Pierce is right about xnetlib being the simplest
interface to netlib, the netlib mail server normally sends the routine
requested _and_ its dependents.  This behavior is "switched off" by
using "send only" instead of "send".

The "problem" here is different.  LAPACK, like its predecessors
LINPACK and EISPACK, are built on top of the BLAS (Basic Linear
Algebra Subprograms).  This is a separate library, also available on
netlib (in source form), as well as from many vendors in the form of
an optimized library.  All but one of the routines Randy Boehm needs
is in BLAS.  The other is probably an LAPACK support routine which may
well be packaged in a different subdirectory of the LAPACK hierarchy
from the "working" routines.

I believe this is covered in the documentation available with LAPACK.

-- 
David E. Bernholdt                       | Email: [email-masked]
Molecular Science Research Center        | Phone: 509 375 4387
Pacific Northwest Laboratory, P.O.B. 999 | Fax:   509 375 6631
Richland, WA  99352-0999                 |