Subject: CCL:USENET News Group ... YES!

From: [email-masked] (Edward Wolpert)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 07:52:50 EDT

Netters-
	Actually, UseNet news and the mail-list can be intergrated, so people
who do not have usenet news can still get all the info passed into either
list.  Many folks have 'digests' where an article is submitted, and will be
posted via news and listserver.  Some cases, such articles are moderated, and
in other's they are not.  By doing this sort of scheme, you can reach more
people.  Of course, this is a double edge sword, since UseNet news has been
in the past abused.  (Some mailings have been abused as well, but not as much
as UseNet, since UseNet is more well known than individual mailing lists.)

	At this least, perhaps ccl.net should post an 'ad' once a month, for
this mailing list, so that everyone who reads that group will know about this
list.  
		Virtually,
		Edward Wolpert

---------------------------                              --------------------
[email-masked]            | System Administrator       | "No, sorry, there's
[email-masked]   | Systems Programmer         |  nothing to be
[email-masked]	   | Graduate Chemistry Student |  done about it."
---------------------------                              --------------------
I'm  sorry, but Godot isn't here today. Perhaps if you came back tomorrow...
<A HREF="file://neon.chem.utk.edu/xm/EGW.html"> home page</A>