Subject: Biosym with X-windows -- The conclusion

From: [email-masked] (Marty Gallagher)
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 09:52:23 -0400

Hello.

Thanks to all who responded to my quesiton of running biosym on a PC with a 
X-windows emulator.  The conclusion of everyone who responded (including 
Biosym's tech service) was the same so I won't waste bandwith by including 
everyone's response and will just give you the straight dope.

        Yes you can run Biosym with an X-windows emulator *iF*

        You have version 2.3 *and* you purchase a separate Biosym module 
called "Axxess."

For people who were interested, you can get a demo (the licensed program 
is *not* free) of Xwin from gopher.rz.uni-wuerzburg.de

Thanks again to all!

-- Marty

=========================================================================
Martin J. Gallagher             phone:  (617) 432-1729
Dept. of Neurobiology           fax:    (617) 734-7557
Harvard Medical School          E-mail: [email-masked]
220 Longwood Ave
Boston, MA  02115

===========================================================================