Subject: Joint Gaussian-Spartan Workshop

From: "D.J. Moses, 412-279-6700, 412-279-2118 (Fax)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 1994 10:03:24 -0400 (EDT)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAUSSIAN, INC.
Carnegie Office Park
Building 6
Pittsburgh, PA 15106 USA
 
Phone  - 412-279-6700
Fax    - 412-279-2118
EMail  - [email-masked]

Digital Sponsors Two Joint Gaussian-Spartan Workshops

Digital Equipment Corporation is sponsoring two introductory workshops
covering the Spartan and Gaussian programs. The workshops will be conducted
jointly by Wavefunction, Inc. and Gaussian, Inc. Details about the workshops
are summarized below:

Dates:          Session 1       June 27th and 28th (Monday and Tuesday)
                Session 2       June 29th and 30th (Wednesday and Thursday)

                The two sessions cover identical content.

Location:       Digital US Customer Training Center
                Maynard, Massachusetts

Course Fee:     $250.00 per student

Instructors:    Dr. Lonnie Burke, Wavefunction, Inc.
                Dr. Douglas Fox, Gaussian, Inc.
                Dr. Michael Frisch, Gaussian, Inc.
                Dr. Warren Hehre, Wavefunction, Inc.

Computing
Resources:      DEC Alpha AXP workstation running OSF/1 (one per student)

The workshops will cover a variety of topics, including the following:

* Overview of Electronic Structure Methods, including their theoretical
  background. Methods covered will include semi-empirical, Hartree-Fock,
  and Density Functional Theory models as well as G1 and G2 theory.

* Gaussian and Spartan calculation types and prediction capabilities,
  including Spartan's extensive visualization features.

* Practical advice for approaching chemical problems with electronic
  structure theory and estimating resource requirements for various types
  of calculations.

The workshops will provide students with a large amount of hands-on
experience using both programs. The course fee covers all instruction,
laboratory sessions and course materials (including Gaussian's textbook
Exploring Chemistry with Electronic Structure Methods). 

Each workshop is limited to 15 students. To register or to obtain additional
information, contact the Workshop Coordinator at Gaussian, Inc.:

Voice:  412-279-6700

Fax:    412-279-2118

Mail:   Gaussian, Inc.
        Carnegie Office Park, Bldg. 6
        Pittsburgh, PA 15106

Information may also be obtained via electronic mail to [email-masked].
However, email may NOT be used for registration.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
This notice is sent without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. 
Gaussian is a trademark of Gaussian, Inc.  All other trademarks are the
property of their respective holders.  Specifications and availability  
subject to change without notice.