Subject: 1994 Morley Medal Symposium, Cleveland ACS

From: "DAVID W. EWING (216) 397-4742" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 May 1994 12:03:28 -0500 (EST)

1994 Morley Medal Symposium
           Cleveland Section American Chemical Society

   Honoring Professor Douglas C. Neckers, 1994 Morley Medalist

                     Wednesday, May 18, 1994
         John Carroll University, Room 256 Science Center

1:25  Welcoming Remarks

         Dr. Nick Baumgartner, Dean, College of Arts & Sciences,
         John Carroll University
       
         Dr. David Ewing, Symposium Chairman

1:30  "Spectroscopy and Conformation of Retinal Models"  
 
         Dr. John Cable, Department of Chemistry,
         Bowling Green State Univeristy

2:30  "Obedient Holograms Generated by Photopolymerization
       of Liquid Crystals"

         Dr. Michael Sponsler, Department of Chemistry,
         Syracuse University

3:30  BREAK

3:45  "Does Chemistry or Physics Control the Reactions of
       Biradicals?"

         Dr. Peter Wagner, Department of Chemistry,
         Michigan State University

4:45  MORLEY MEDAL ADDRESS

      "From Kansas Sunshine to Three-Dimensional Imaging:
       The Photosciences from Eisenhower to Clinton"

         Dr. Douglas C. Neckers, 1994 Morley Medalist
         McMaster Distinguished Professor, 
         Bowling Green State University

6:00  Social Hour, Faculty Lounge, Administration Building
      
7:00  Dinner, Faculty Dining Room, Student Activities Center
        For reservations call (216) 397-4241 by noon Fri., May 13
        $18.00 (Students $8.00)
  
8:00  Presentation of the Morley Medal

         Dr. Mary Zeller, Chairman, Cleveland Section ACS

8:15  "What Is This Guy Called Doug Neckers?"

         Dr. George Hammond, Visiting Distinguished Professor,
         Bowling Green State Univeristy

     for more information contact David Ewing (216) 397-4742
                      [email-masked]