Subject: A Research Question

From: Gregory Rechtsteiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 May 94 19:44:56 PDT

Hello:

I recently posted a similar document to sci.chem and sci.chem.organometals.
Sorry for any duplication.

My question is a follows:

Has anyone synthesized the complex Co(II)-4-4'-4''-4'''-tetrasulfophthalo-
cyanine?  I tried following the synthesis reported by Weber et. al. in Inorg. 
Chem. 1965, however, the synthesis did not work.  I am not sure why I could
not synthesize the compound, but I do think that some of the problems came
from errors due to the vagueness of the synthesis steps concering the
reprecipiation process.  

Can anyone give me a more detailed desription of the synthesis?  Or can
anyone give me a different method for the synthesis?

Thank you,

gregory rechtsteiner

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gregory A. Rechtsteiner					   Pepperdine University
Research Assistant						 24255 PCH # 572
Fax: 310.456.4314 (work) 				       Malibu, CA. 90263
[email-masked] / [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------