Subject: Re: CCL:Molecular 3D display on Macintosh

From: [email-masked] (Henry Rzepa) (Henry Rzepa)
Date: Thu, 19 May 1994 09:52:28 +0100

>Dear netters,
>
>does anyone know of a public domain software able to make *nice* displays
>of 3D molecular structures on a Macintosh, that can be then pasted into
>word-processing softwares like MS Word ?
CSC Chemistry Viewer V 3.0 (3.1?), a demo version of
Chem3D

Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora 2.02, Tel:+44  71 225 8339, Fax:+44 71 589 3869.
>From June '94: (44) 171 584 5774, Fax: (44) 171 584 5804
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 94 11:10:37 EDT

>CSC Chemistry Viewer V 3.0 (3.1?), a demo version of Chem3D

Actually, while the CSC Chemistry Viewer will produce nice displays, it will
NOT allow them to be pasted into MS Word.  Copy-and-paste is specifically
disabled in the demo, but it is, of course, fully functional in the commercial
version of CSC Chem3D.

Also the Chemistry Viewer is NOT in the public domain.  It may be freely 
distributed, but it is still copyrighted.

Jonathan Brecher
International Marketing Manager
Cambridge Scientific Computing, Inc.
[email-masked]