Subject: MOPAC93 port to OpenVMS AXP?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 94 11:04:13 +28716

Hello, all:

I have been given the project of porting Mopac 93 from the regular
SUN platform to OpenVMS AXP v1.5.

There were a couple of tasks which had to be completed before the whole
system could be compiled, namely:

       1) rewrite the date and time routines
       2) rewrite the cpu time counter

Both of these were quite small tasks and I think that I have done them
pretty well.

During compilation, no errors are encountered.  However, during runtime with
a very simple test file (taken from page 12 of the manual), the following
floating point error occurs:
%SYSTEM-F-HPARITH, high performance arithmetic trap, Imask=00000000,
Fmask=00002000, summary=04, PC=00246980, PS=0000001B
-SYSTEM-F-FLTDIV, arithmetic trap, floating/decimal divide by zero at
PC=00246980, PS=0000001B
%TRACE-F-TRACEBACK, symbolic stack dump follows
..

I have heard a rumor that using the right fortran compiler options will get
rid of that error without any further coding.

Has anyone successfully compiled Mopac 93 on OpenVMS AXP?  If so, what method
did you use to compile the system?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.  I will post a summary
if sufficient interest exists.

Respectfully,

Jay Whittle
Systems Analyst/Operator
Georgetown University Academic Computer Center [(202) 687-6096]