Subject: Location of certain subdirectories and files

From: [email-masked] (Hr Dr. S. Shapiro)
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 15:28:00 +0100 (MEST)

To whom it may concern:

     I read in a recent posting of a file named "fit-any-function" that was
supposed to be in ftp.ccl.net /pub/chemistry/software.  However, I was unable
to locate this file.  How do I access it?

     When I went into ftp.ccl.net /pub/chemistry/software I found a subdirectory
called "MS-WINDOWS".  When I opened this subdirectory I saw another subdirectory
called "Titration_simul_for_Winds".  However, when I typed

                cd Titration_simul_for_Winds

I got a message:

                No such file or directory

How do I access the subdirectory "Titration_simul_for_Winds"?

     Thanks in advance for your help.

                                       Sincerely,

                                       S. Shapiro
                                       Internet: [email-masked]

---

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 10:31:34 -0400

Dear Dr. S. Shapiro,

I am in the process of rearranging CCL software archives on
  www.ccl.net

The software directory is now organized by platform/language rather than
as a flat directory of programs.

In the case of fit-any-function, its location now is:
/pub/chemistry/software/SOURCES/FORTRAN/fit-any-function

Before I create appropriate README/INDEX files, you need to retrieve
the /pub/chemistry/software/ls-lR file to find what is where.

As to: Titration_simul_for_Winds, you are using some strange blend
of ftp, which cuts the portion of the file name or has some limits
on file name length. The program is located in:

/pub/chemistry/software/MS-WINDOWS/Titration_simul_for_Windows

For some reason, your ftp allows only names shorter than 25 characters.
While I will make the names shorter in some future, It can be done
when I have INDEXEs for files ready. And with my current load, it will not
be tomorrow. 

Jan 
[email-masked]
-- 

Dr. Jan K. Labanowski, Senior Research/Supercomputer Scientist/Specialist, etc.
Ohio Supercomputer Center, 1224 Kinnear Rd, Columbus, OH 43212-1163
ph:(614)-292-9279,  FAX:(614)-292-7168,  E-mail: [email-masked]  [email-masked]