Subject: electron density maps --> SYBYL

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 18:17:09 +0200

Dear Netters,

We are going to run a course on "Advanced Structural Chemistry
and Molecular Modelling" for our Ph.D. students within a couple
of weeks. One of the exercises we plan to have on the course
is to build an inhibitor into the electron density map determined
by X-ray crystallography. For practical purposes, we are only
using the SYBYL software for all the exercises, including the
above one.

Does anyone have a program which converts an electron density
map generated by CCP4, PHASES or XPLOR into a SYBYL contour map ?

I'm aware that Tripos together with SYBYL distribute some fortran
programs to help doing the conversion, but they only takes me
half of the way (the last half).

I would be very grateful, if anyone could help me.

In advance thank you.

Flemming
[email-masked]

**********************************************
*                                            *
*     Flemming Steen Jorgensen               *
*     Associate professor, Ph.D.             *
*                                            *
*     Royal Danish School of Pharmacy        *
*     Department of Medicinal Chemistry      *
*     Universitetsparken 2                   *
*     DK-2100 Copenhagen                     *
*     Denmark                                *
*                                            *
*     Phone:    +45 35 37 08 50 ext. 378     *
*     Fax:      +45 35 37 22 09              *
*     E-mail:   [email-masked]       *
*                                            *
**********************************************