Subject: CSD at NCI on VAX - up dated 04/94

From: [email-masked] (JieYuan,Chemistry,U.Cincinnati)
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 12:39:36 EDT

Dear Netters:

I found that the CSD (Cambridge Structural Database) on the NCI (National
Cancer Institute) Supercomputer Center's VAX is an up to date version!
In case you don't know, the CSD on OSC's Cray is an out of date version.
New version for Cray is still under development.

If you have account on the NCI's VAX cluster, you can do searches yourself.
The procedures are similar to the Cray version, only more easily and
userfriendly.

Cheers!
5/23/94
===== Jie Yuan === Chemistry === U. Cincinnati === [email-masked] =====

---

From: [email-masked] (Andrew D. Fant)
Date: Mon, 23 May 1994 13:24:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

     As the person responsible for the CSD at the NCI FCRF Biomedical 
Supercomputer Center, I would like to just expand and clarify on the
status of it here.   We have the current versions availible not only on our
vaxen, but also on the sun and sgi workstation clusters.  If you are using our
site, I would advise against using it from the cray or the vaxen.  Your best
bet for performance is to access it from one of the SGI servers, which will
give you the best disk performance and support for the quest-3D menus.
    
    My apologies if this is not of general interest, but I wanted to cover
all the bases about the software.  If there are people who are interested
in access to our site, please contact me in email, and I would be glad to
provide more information about access policies and the like.

			For what it's worth,
					   Andy

--
Andrew D. Fant              Applications Analyst             [email-masked]
NCI-Frederick Cancer Research Facility        Biomedical Supercomuting Center
(301)846-5764             Me?!? Have an official NCI or Dyncorp Opinion? HAH!
"I'm just one too many mornings and a thousand miles behind" -- B. Dylan