Subject: Second Mathematica Congress

From: [email-masked] (Prof. Adan Ruben Rodriguez Dominguez)
Date: Tue, 24 May 94 16:13:49 -0400

***********************Second International******************
***********************     Congress on    ******************
*********************** Mathematica as an  ******************
***************** Educational and Research Tool *************

                                August 22-26, 1994

                   Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi,
                       San Luis Potosi, Mexico.

PROGRAM: The aim is to bring together scientists and teachers
>from a wide variety of fields to discussing experiences related
to the mathematical software in the classroom or in research.
There will be plenary sessions of invited papers (1 hour), and
also short papers.

LOCATION: San Luis Potosi is an old colonial town with excellent
restaurants. The seminar will take place at the five star hotel
Quinta Real. Lodging for one week is $320. Because of its high
elevation, San Luis Potosi has a mild climate even in August.
You can fly to San Luis Potosi either through Mexico City, or
through San Antonio.

CALL FOR PAPERS: Titles and abstracts of contributed papers must
be last received by july 15, 1994. The abstracts may be submitted
in either Spanish or English not to exceed one page, preferably
by e-mail.

INFORMATION: Organizing Committee CMEI-II, 
Dra. Lilia del Riego, 
Facultad de Ciencias-UASLP,
Zona Universitaria, Diagonal Sur, 78290 Mexico.
Tels. 52(48)175251, Fax 52(48)130871,
e-mail: [email-masked],

or Dr. Adan Ruben Rodriguez D, 
Instituto de Fisica-UASLP,
Tels. 52(48)137557,178299 ext 28, Fax 52(48)133874,
e-mail: [email-masked].
                            
**********************Invited Speakers ***********************
L. Cruz Kuri, Universidad de Veracruz, Mexico,
CTJ Dodson, Toronto University, Canada,
Marisa Fernandez, Universidad del Pais Vasco, Spain
Alfred Gray, University of Maryland, USA
M. Mezzino, University of Houston-Clear Lake, USA
Ben Friedman, Wolfram Research

**********************5 Day Workshop on Mathematica*************

given by
A. Gray, M. Mezzino and CTJ Dodson, DCM Burbulla and M. Pinsky

Beginner's, Intermediate and Advanced Level.

*****************************************************************