Subject: Hydrophobicity - HINT program

From: [email-masked] (Dr. David N. Haney)
Date: Wed, 25 May 1994 11:28:32 -0700 (PDT)

Computational Chemistry Scientists:

I have seen a number of queries on this forum about hydrophobicity. A new
program to evaluate HYDROPHOBICITY at the atomistic level recently became 
available, called HINT. Thanks to Tudor-Ionel Oprea for support comments of 
HINT.  This program is based on empirical data and hydrophobic fragment
work of Hansch, Leo, Abraham, and Kellogg.  The program can: calculate log P
(of small molecules and proteins), score ligand/macromolecule and 
macromolecule/macromolecule interactions, calculate 3D HYDROPATHY 
(hydrophobic + hydrophilic) fields, create hydropathic complementarity 
maps, produce unique 3D hydropathic interaction maps, and is interfaced 
with InsightII, Sybyl and ChemX.  If you are interested in additional 
information or a free trial of this software, please see the file
HINT.note on the CCL archivess (infomeister) or contact me at the address 
below.

You can find a comprehensive list of HINT functionality, the references
to publications which describe HINT use, and ordering information in
CCL archives. To get it via mail, send a message:
  select chemistry
  get info/software-packages/HINT.note
to [email-masked]. This file is also available via gopher/anon.ftp/WWW from
the /pub/chemistry/info/software-packages/HINT.note on www.ccl.net:
  gopher www.ccl.net 73 (info/software-packages/Hint.note)
-- 

        **************  David N. Haney, Ph.D.    ****************
        *  Haney Associates               Phone - 619-566-1127  *
        *  12010 Medoc Ln.                                      *
        *  San Diego, CA 92131            Fax - 619-586-1481    *
        **************  Email - [email-masked]  ***************