Subject: Fortran_timing

From: [email-masked] (Randy Boehm)
Date: Wed, 25 May 94 14:44:32 -0400

Dear Collegues,

I am in the midst of writing a program designed to handle molecular
(i.e. O-dimensional) crystals with very large unit cells in a rather
slick manner.  The problem with it is that it is very slow; too 
slow to do the kind of testing I would like to.  

It's to the point now where the bottlenecks are getting hard to find
so I need a better way to cope with timing.

What I really want is a FORTRAN timing routine that I can stick in
several routines and keep track of the total time spent in each routine
regardless of how many times it may be called.

What I would be happy to settle for is a FORTRAN timing routine that
keeps track of the time spent in a given routine per call to that routine.

The machine I have is an SGI INDIGO 4000.
Any suggestions offered would be appreciated (and no don't just tell
me that it would be better to use C, I already believe that.)

	Many Thanks,

	Randall C. Boehm
	Michigan State University
	COMMOC

[email-masked]