Subject: makefile

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 16:03:51 +0000 (O)

Dear CCL: 

I was compiling a DFT program using the make command. But I am getting 
the following error before it starts the compilation. 

    Make: Must be a separator on rules line 8.   Stop

Dose any one know a cure to this problem. 

The following is a lisiting of the makefile

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

RUNF77 = f77
FFLAGS = -O2
dft :       main.o      addvecs.o   ang.o       ang110.o    ang12.o   \
ang194.o    ang 26.o    ang50.o     aranf.o     aranset.o   augg.o    \ 
baker.0     beckex.o    bfgs.o      bfgsi.o     carbo.o     cdcalls.o \
cdftdd.o    cdftdd2.o   cdftdp.o    cdftds.o    cdftmm.o    cdftpp.o  \
cdftps.o    cdftss.o    cdgrmm.o    cdgrss.o    cdgrxs.o    cdgrxx.o  \   
cdovss.o    cdovxs.o    cdovxx.o    cdtran.o    cg.o        checkpt.o \   
chrgdd.o    chrgdd1.o   chrgdd2.o   chrgdp.o    chrgds.o    chrgpp.o  \
chrgps.o    chrgss.o    collid.o    compg0.o    compg1.o    compg2.o  \
connol.o    coredd.o    coredp.o    coreds.o    coremm.o   corepp.o   \  
coreps.o    coress.o    crossprod.o deft.o      delphi.o   delphidr.o \ 
dihed.o     diis.o      dipoledd.o  dipoledp.o  dipoleds.o dipolemm.o \ 
dipolepp.o  dipoleps.o  dipoless.o  dist.o      dmagvec.o  docdfit.o  \ 
dot.o       drho.o      element.o   espgen.o    fastrd.o   fastwr.o   \ 
fockmm.0    gcardr.o    gendrid.o   genun.o     genxyz.o   getdibydc.o\ 
getj.o      getksorbs.o getvalue.o  gintdr.o    gradcddd.o gradcddp.o \ 
gradcdds.o  gradcdpp.o  gradcdps.o  gradcdss.o  gradmm.o    gradnadd.o \ 
gradnadp.o  gradnads.o  gradnapp.o  gradnaps.o  gradnass.o  gradovdd.o \ 
gradovdp.o  gradovds.o  gradovpp.o  gradovps.o  gradovss.o  gradxc.o   \
gradxxdd.o  gradxxdd1.o gradxxdd2.o                                    \
gradxxdd3.o gradxxdd4.o gradxxdd5.o gradxxdd6.o gradxxdd7.o gradxxdd8.o\ 
gradxxdd9.o gradxxdp.o  gradxxdp1.o gradxxdp2.o gradxxdp3.o gradxxds.o \
gradxxds1.o gradxxpp.o  gradxxpp1.o gradxxpp2.o gradxxpp3.o gradxxps.o \
gradxxss.o  gridcall.o  gridgen.o   gridwork.o  gridxc.o    gtxccf.o   \
hdcomp.o    header.o    hocomp.o    igftable.o  input.o                \  
inputbases.o            intopt.o    irspectrum.o ksorbs.o              \
makelowercase.o  makelowercase.o    mespdd.o    mespdp.o    mespds.o   \
mespmm.o    mesppp.o    mespps.o    mespss.o    mopaci.o    move.o     \
multvec.o   numxc.o     numxcc.o    openfl.o    parser.o    points.o   \
pulayforce.o readt.o    public_domain.o         real64.o    rijmat.o   \
rotinv.o    savet.o     scfcontrol.o                                   \ 
scfcycle.o scfrun.o    selfdot.o     setupdd.o                         \
setupdp.o   setupds.o   setupgdd.o  setupgdp.o  setupgds.o  setupgpp.o \
setupgps.o  setupgss.o  setuppp.o   setupps.o   setupss.o   sinvmt.o   \ 
smxmy.o     solveks.o   spingrid.o  startscf.o  startup.o   steepd.o   \
sum.o       surfac.o    sxcbld.o    totale.o    unitvec.o   utlt1a.o   \
utlt1b.o    utlt1c.o    vibrations.o vmnf1.o    vmnf2.o     writet.o   \
xcaddgrad.o xcfunctional.o xcgrad.o xcordd.o    xcordd1.o   xcordp.o   \ 
xcords.o    xcorpp.o    xcorps.o    xcorss.o    xctran.o    xyzcint.o  \ 
xyzdint.o   xyzfint.o   xyzhint.o   zmatrix.o           
 $(RUNF77)  $(FFLAGS) -o  dft  addvecs.o   ang.o  ang110.o  ang12.o   \  
ang194.o    ang 26.o    ang50.o     aranf.o     aranset.o   augg.o    \ 
baker.0     beckex.o    bfgs.o      bfgsi.o     carbo.o     cdcalls.o \
cdftdd.o    cdftdd2.o   cdftdp.o    cdftds.o    cdftmm.o    cdftpp.o  \
cdftps.o    cdftss.o    cdgrmm.o    cdgrss.o    cdgrxs.o    cdgrxx.o  \   
cdovss.o    cdovxs.o    cdovxx.o    cdtran.o    cg.o        checkpt.o \   
chrgdd.o    chrgdd1.o   chrgdd2.o   chrgdp.o    chrgds.o    chrgpp.o  \
chrgps.o    chrgss.o    collid.o    compg0.o    compg1.o    compg2.o  \
connol.o    coredd.o    coredp.o    coreds.o    coremm.o   corepp.o   \  
coreps.o    coress.o    crossprod.o deft.o      delphi.o   delphidr.o \ 
dihed.o     diis.o      dipoledd.o  dipoledp.o  dipoleds.o dipolemm.o \ 
dipolepp.o  dipoleps.o  dipoless.o  dist.o      dmagvec.o  docdfit.o  \ 
dot.o       drho.o      element.o   espgen.o    fastrd.o   fastwr.o   \ 
fockmm.0    gcardr.o    gendrid.o   genun.o     genxyz.o   getdibydc.o\ 
getj.o      getksorbs.o getvalue.o  gintdr.o    gradcddd.o gradcddp.o \ 
gradcdds.o  gradcdpp.o  gradcdps.o  gradcdss.o  gradmm.o    gradnadd.o \ 
gradnadp.o  gradnads.o  gradnapp.o  gradnaps.o  gradnass.o  gradovdd.o \ 
gradovdp.o  gradovds.o  gradovpp.o  gradovps.o  gradovss.o  gradxc.o   \
gradxxdd.o  gradxxdd1.o gradxxdd2.o                                    \
gradxxdd3.o gradxxdd4.o gradxxdd5.o gradxxdd6.o gradxxdd7.o gradxxdd8.o\ 
gradxxdd9.o gradxxdp.o  gradxxdp1.o gradxxdp2.o gradxxdp3.o gradxxds.o \
gradxxds1.o gradxxpp.o  gradxxpp1.o gradxxpp2.o gradxxpp3.o gradxxps.o \
gradxxss.o  gridcall.o  gridgen.o   gridwork.o  gridxc.o    gtxccf.o   \
hdcomp.o    header.o    hocomp.o    igftable.o  input.o                \  
inputbases.o            intopt.o    irspectrum.o ksorbs.o              \
makelowercase.o  makelowercase.o    mespdd.o    mespdp.o    mespds.o   \
mespmm.o    mesppp.o    mespps.o    mespss.o    mopaci.o    move.o     \
multvec.o   numxc.o     numxcc.o    openfl.o    parser.o    points.o   \
pulayforce.o readt.o    public_domain.o         real64.o    rijmat.o   \
rotinv.o    savet.o     scfcontrol.o                                   \ 
scfcycle.o scfrun.o    selfdot.o     setupdd.o                         \
setupdp.o   setupds.o   setupgdd.o  setupgdp.o  setupgds.o  setupgpp.o \
setupgps.o  setupgss.o  setuppp.o   setupps.o   setupss.o   sinvmt.o   \ 
smxmy.o     solveks.o   spingrid.o  startscf.o  startup.o   steepd.o   \
sum.o       surfac.o    sxcbld.o    totale.o    unitvec.o   utlt1a.o   \
utlt1b.o    utlt1c.o    vibrations.o vmnf1.o    vmnf2.o     writet.o   \
xcaddgrad.o xcfunctional.o xcgrad.o xcordd.o    xcordd1.o   xcordp.o   \ 
xcords.o    xcorpp.o    xcorps.o    xcorss.o    xctran.o    xyzcint.o  \ 
xyzdint.o   xyzfint.o   xyzhint.o   zmatrix.o