Subject: Re: CCL:Real-Time Conference

From: [email-masked] (Henry Rzepa) (Henry Rzepa)
Date: Sat, 28 May 1994 09:45:08 +0000

Sorry to join this late, but I was at www94. I will be posting a full
report of this conference to
osc over the weekend. The official announcment of the second www conference
(Mosaic and WWW)
in Oct 17-20 (?) has also been made.

As for www94, the consensus was that we all needed to meet in person for
precisely the
feedback. The most successful aspect were the workshops with round table
discussions.
Of course this format may not be needed for a purely chemical discussion!
Perhaps the model
of the chemistry www94 workshop could be used. About 8 people contributed
papers, but did
not actually attend. The discusion amongst the physically present
participants revolved around
issues raised in part by these papers.  Again, I will summarise for osc (as
noted above)

I am also trying to get a "Multicast" videoconference between the UK and
the States going.
To do this, you need to have the MBone at your institute. How many users
have this?
We hope to arrange a "prototype" conference before the fall. If this works,
we could try a
larger scale experiment?

Dr Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, London, SW7 2AY.
Tel: +44 71 225 8339. Fax: +44 71 589 3869. E-mail: [email-masked]
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html. Sent via MacPPP/MacTCP using Eudora 2.02.