Subject: Re: CCL:Low cost Stereo viewing glasses

From: "Charles Marais" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 May 1994 23:53:12

> Of critical importance is whether software will support these glasses.
> Does anyone know of such developments? At <$100 per system,
> is this form of 3D viewing likely to take off in chemistry?

Without a doubt.  I've been waiting for this for a long time - 
recently, someone wrote a letter in Dr Dobbs Journal about such 
glasses and included an extremely simple schematic for driving them 
from the serial port ! (so they'd have be alble to switch with about 
12 V), but I couldn't find the glasses.

I think that if they were freely available, software will appear 
within a month.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charles Marais			Phone	27-21-788-2248
Southern Scientific		Fax	27-21-788-6613
17 Capri Rd			Email	[email-masked]
St James 				[email-masked]
South Africa 7700
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------