Subject: CCL:Hyperchem

From: "Schriver,M;Chemistry;" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 1994 14:14:31 +0200 (IST)

Hey out there,

I have appreciated the repsonses that I have been getting on the 
HypeChem issue. It is clear from the reponses that I have received 
that the semi-empirical programs in the HyperChem suite are fully
functional and have not been truncated. That is reassuring and I will
make a point of mentioning that to the chemists who were telling me
there were problems with HyperChem.

Of the comments that I have had both through the list and by personal 
messages it is clear that HyperChem has an exceptional ability to 
generate graphics and build molecules. I am going to keep my copy of 
HyperChem.

As far as the other issue .. ie "where can you use semi-empirical
calculations?" I can see that I wandered into an area between
two entrenched armies. Is there a FAQ somewhere where the "experts"
have fought this issue out? What it boils down to for me is wether
I can use AM1 or PM3 to calculate the orbitals of a heterocycle that
contains S and/or P. I have appreciated the help.

					Mel Schriver

P.S. Ghislain, I would not have posted my concern if it had have been 
just our conversation. I in fact had several similar conversations over
several months. Glad you enjoyed the discussion tho ;-)