Subject: re Mol2Mol beta-testers

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 1994 16:14:08 +0100

Dear Netters

I have been overwhelmed by your 50+ kind offers to beta-test our Mol2Mol  file
translation program. I will not be able to reply to the messages individually.
A
few  general points. (1) We do not expect there to be a version for SGI, UNIX,
VAX or the Mac in the near future. (2) We do not expect the program to support
formats other than those listed in my original posting - but there was no
consensus on additional formats suggested in the e-mail that I received. (3) A
couple of replies mentioned Babel as a competitor but the programs are very
different in feel and my expectation is that they will not be competitors since
the formats they cover do not hugely overlap. 

Please no more offers to beta-test. If you want to receive details on the
program when it is available I will be pleased to keep you posted and everyone
who has responded to my request will be informed of publication details later
in
the year. 

The size of the response to my request suggests that this List is a very
important resource for chemists with computing interests. Thanks to the
community that sustains it.

Best wishes

Adam Hodgkin
Cherwell Scientific
The Magdalen Centre
Oxford Science Park
Oxford	OX4 4GA
Tel:	44-865-784800
Fax:	44-865-784801
[email-masked]