Subject: Annotated PDB File, 1994

From: [email-masked] (Laura Walsh)
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 94 12:34:45 -0500

Comp Chem List Members:

Once again, I am offering my "Annotated Guide to the Brookhaven 
Protein Data Bank" to the readers of the computational chemistry
list.  This file includes listings for all of the files in the 
January, 1994 release.  The main additions this year are a complete 
listing of all of the lysozyme files, a better organization of the 
DNA files, and, most importantly, structure classifications for all 
of the protein chains in the data bank.

There is also a companion file which lists all of the sequence 
relations among the individual protein chains.  This file is called 
the "Sequence Relations" file.

Once again, if there are errors, which there most certainly are 
bound to be when one is dealing with 2327 files, I would appreciate 
being informed of such.  

Please cite the work as suggested in the files if you use it in your 
own work.  A write up of the work has been submitted for publication 
and may appear later this year.  If so, the suggested citation will 
change.

Laura Lynn Walsh

------------------- the retrieval instructions follow -------

e-mail)   send a message:

         select chemistry
         cd documents/PDB/PDB_file_list
         limit 500kB
         size 70kB
         get pdb_annot_jan94.txt
         get pdb_annot_jan94
         get pdb_seq_rel_jan94
         quit
     to [email-masked]

ftp)    ftp www.ccl.net         (or ftp 128.146.36.5)
        Name: anonymous
        Passwd: YOUR_e-mail_address
        ftp> cd /pub/chemistry/documents/PDB/PDB_file_list
        ftp>  get pdb_annot_jan94.txt
        ftp>  get pdb_annot_jan94
        ftp>  get pdb_seq_rel_jan94
        ftp>  quit

gopher) gopher www.ccl.net 73
          documents
            PDB
              PDB_file_list
                pdb_annot_jan94
                pdb_annot_jan94.txt
                pdb_seq_rel_jan94

WWW)    http://www.ccl.net/~ccl/documents.html
           Protein Data Bank
             PDB_file_list

------------------- end retrieval instructions --------------
Laura Walsh, Beckman Institute, University of Illinois
405 N. Mathews Ave., Urbana, IL  61801  (217) 244-2894
[email-masked]