Subject: Conference

From: Martin Hargreaves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 18:26:14 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

	This message is not from myself, but sent on behalf of Dr. Mike
Hann. Queries regarding the message should be sent to him
([email-masked]) and not me.
	Queries regarding the conference should be sent to the address
at the bottom of the enclosed message.

	Regards,

		Martin.

------

The Chemical Information Explosion
**********************************

Chaos, Chemists and Computers
=============================

A 2- day conference to be held on September 12th and 13th at
the University of Reading, organised by a joint committee on the
Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society, the Chemical
Structures Association, the UKQSAR Group and the Computer
Applications Subject Group of the Royal Society of Chemistry.

THe purpose of the meeting is to bring together scientists from
different disciplines who are interested in the problems posed by
the chemical information explosion. There will be a poster session
and a software/hardware exhibition. Topics to be covered include:

 1. Chemical and Biological Data Collection and storage. 

 2. Getting Information from Public and Private Data. 

 3. Getting what we want - Can Technology bridge the gap. 

Speaker include:

 o Dick Hyde (Wellcome) 
 o Derek Reynolds (Glaxo) 
 o Jeff Morris (Zeneca) 
 o John Trigg (Kodak) 
 o Bill Town (Derwent) 
 o Kate Harvey (Scinet) 
 o Ian Nabney (Logica) 
 o Dave Livingston (SB) 
 o Ray Dessy (Virginia Tech) 
 o Dave Bawden (City University) 
 o Henry Rzepa (Imperial College) 
 o Andy Morffew (IBM) 
 o Syd Hall (Australia) 
 o Jane McIntyre (Chapman and Hall) 

The conference will begin at 9.30 September 12th and finish aon
Tuesday September 13th. All lectures, the poster session and the
commercial exhibition will be held in the Chemistry

Department of the University of Reading. The University of
Reading is situated in a pleasant park close to the M4, Heathrow
and public transport. Accomodation will be provided in Windsor
Hall, a few minutes walk away from the lecture venue. 

Enquiries to 
Mike Drew,
Department of Chemistry, 
University of Reading,
RG6 2AD.
FAX 0734 311610, 
Email [email-masked]

------

 Martin Hargreaves       |  [email-masked] 
 Computational Chemist   |  [email-masked]
 Glaxo  R & D 		 |  No problem is so large that 
 & Surrey University	 |  we can't fit it in somewhere