Subject: Sun SCSI disk on Indigo = OK

From: [email-masked] (Ghislain Deslongchamps)
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 09:24:58 ADT

Dear Netters,
     Thank you for all the useful responses despite my ill-placed posting.
I really appreciate your help.

     I was able to get the Sun SCSI disk to work fine on my SGI Indigo.  It
turned out to be simple once I entrenched myself in the man pages and
followed your advice:  I simply reformatted the disk (fx -x "dksc(0,5)"
i.e. it's on SCSI controller 0, SCSI address 5), then I made a filesystem
and mounted it (Add_disk 5).  Et voila!
     The SGI disk (1Gb internal 3.5" fast SCSI) was $4400 canadian. The Sun
disk (1.05Gb external SCSI) was $1320 !!!

Gratefully Yours,

Ghis    :-)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+    Ghislain Deslongchamps,  Assistant Professor   +
+    Department of Chemistry                        +
+    University of New Brunswick                    +
+    Fredericton, N.B.  CANADA  E3B 5A3             +
+    e-mail:  [email-masked]                       +
+    phone:   506-453-4795 (or 453-4792)            +
+    FAX:     506-453-4599                          +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++