Subject: NQS problem

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 94 20:21 CDT

Dear Netters,

	This message is directed to those who use NQS on an IBM RISC/6000.
	The other day we had an rather odd occurence.  One of our
	users was running two different jobs in differenct queues ( one
	was an amber job, the other a gaussian job).  At appoximately
	the same time both his jobs were ejected from the queue, but 
	they continued to run.
	The *.batch-log files appeared in his directories, but they
	contained no information as to why the jobs were ejected from
	the queue.
	Although we have not been running NQS very long, the experience
	we do have suggests that a job will not be ejected from the
	queue unless the job either finished successfully or terminates
	abnormally.
	The first thought that comes to mind is that the jobs exceeded
	the time limit in their respective queues, however, that was
	not the case.
	The amber job had run approximately 4 hours and it was in a 24
	hour queue and the gaussian job was being run in an unlimited
	time   queue.
	If anyone has experienced this before or has any suggestions
	I would be most appreciative.

	Thanks very much.

	[email-masked]

	S.E. Boesch
	Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
	University of Oklahoma
	Norman, Oklahoma