Subject: molecular modeling archive sites

From: "JIM S. FREEMAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 13:41:09 -0500 (EST)

Date sent:  13-JUN-1994 13:35:18 
>>
>>to: ccl list
>>
>>  we are looking for assistance (pointers and references) with building a 
>>molecular modeling library of frequently used molecules for our science 
>>lecture hall.  this project has just started this summer ( i have 
>>personally been reading the list for about six months) and will primarily 
>>be used to enhance molecular visualization by undergraduate students.
>>  we are using alchemyIII and Hyperchem 4.0 and are looking for archive 
>>sites that we can find interesting molecules such as glucose, polyglycine, 
>>cellulose, butane, and ferrocene.  i have been able to download proteins 
>>from  various pdb's and display them successfully.  I have also downloaded 
>>Babel to convert files that may be available in various formats.
>
>thanks in advance,
>jim
>
> Jim S. Freeman                             Plattsburgh State University 
  [email-masked]         Plattsburgh New York  
> [email-masked]                    Have you read a good "net" lately?

---

From: [email-masked] (Toni Kazic)
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 14:25:36 +0600

Dear Jim,

you might check out Klotho (http://ibc.wustl.edu/klotho/) for some pseudo-minimized
structures of biologically relevant molecules. It currently stands at about 240
molecules.  It doesn't have everything you mentioned but we are open to special requests.

Toni Kazic

Institute for Biomedical Computing
Box 8036
Washington University School of Medicine
700 South Euclid Ave.
St. Louis MO  63110

314-362-3121
314-362-0234  (fax)

[email-masked]