Subject: HardDisk for old HP

From: Patrick Bultinck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 1994 16:48:08 +0200 (MET DST)

Dear,

I have seen postings regarding to Hardware questions on CCL before, and 
allthough I think our problem might be a little hard to solve I hope some 
of you can help me...

We have a good XPS (ESCA) machine that is currently inoperative due to a 
Hard Disk problem.

The computer is quite oldfashioned but we have people that program it 
better than a new one, but now our Hard Disk broke down !!!

The computer is a 9836 (updated to 300 series though), with a HardDisk 
9153B attached using the old HP ib 10833A connection. We were wondering 
if someone would have a tip or trick to help us attaching a non-hp more 
modern HardDisk to the computer. The disk may be as small as 20 MB (or 
even lower). Our interest goes towards some disk like the ones used for PC's.

The cost for repair for the old disk is about 80000 Belgian Francs (2000 
$) which we are not really willing to spend on this...

So if any of you can help our XPS chaps in any, any, any way(they were 
already looking hungry at my 1 GB disk on my quantum-chemistry aimed RS6000 
,go|@@#@#mned !!!) feel free to drop me a note..

Thanks a lot,

Patrick (in battle dress in front of my disk...)
University of Ghent, Belgium

[email-masked]