Subject: Free Fortran

From: Mr Andrew D Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 94 17:13:15 BST

Thanks for all the messages so far, I have loads of replies detailing

	f2c + gcc , etc
	gf77 (not out yet but on the way)
	some nice people offering to compile the code for me

To define the problem in some more detail:-

	We have an SG with IRIX 5.2 and want to compile a program using f77 on
this machine to run on an SG which is running IRIX 5.1.1.2 We have tried
several run time library options and havn't hit upon the right combination yet.

	Hence pub. dom. fortran maybe an answer, if anyone has experienced the
problem above and have solved it then I'd be glad to hear from you, for the
time being:-

	gf77 (Public domain fortran 77 is coming out soon)

Andy.

--
###############################################################################
Structural and Computation Chemistry [email-masked] - JANET.
Department of Chemistry____________________________phone_______+44(483)-259591.
University of Surrey_______________________________fax_________+44(483)-300803.
Guildford, Surrey, GU2 5XH, UK_____________________ftp____________131.227.110.2
###############################################################################