Subject: HPGL to Mac NMR Spectra software

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Luxon)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 94 12:48:39 -0500

-=-=-=-=-=- PROGRAM ANNOUNCEMENT -=-=-=-=-=-=-=

                  HPGLtoClipboard version 1.3a 

"HPGLtoClipboard"  is a utility for converting HPGL files generated by
VarianUs VNMR or Hare's FELIX into a spectrum drawn in PICT format that 
can be  copied into the clipboard of a Macintosh. The PICT clipboard file
can be copied into any program supporting PICT format. This program supports 
the HPGL commands PU, PD, LB and SC.  All other HPGL commands are ignored.
Currently "HPGLtoClipboard" reads only the maximum SC  coordinates.

Requirements: MacIntosh System 7.0 or above

HOW TO GET:

1. FTP anonymous to dggpi2.chem.purdue.edu

   OR use one of the NMR GOPHERS:

a. GOPHER to www.ccl.net (Ohio Supercomputer Center, Ohio State U.)
   -> Software / Morass

b. GOPHER to nmrfam.wisc.edu (Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison)
   -> Other NMR Gopher Servers and NMR Software Sites / Morass

c. GOPHER to micro.ifas.ufl.edu (University of Florida, Gainsville)
   -> NMR Software / Morass

2. cd to pub/morass/hpgl

3. get (ascii) hpgl2clip1.3.sit.hqx 

4. BinHex4.0 the .hqx file (upload -> application)

5. Stuffit1.5.1 the .sit file (open archive)

6. Try the sample files. You will have to 'pull' their windows open with
   the resize box to see the entire spectra.

Written by Kevin H. Thornton 
while in the David G. Gorenstein Group
at Purdue University (1992)

Comments or Suggestions are welcome and should be sent to:

Dr. Bruce A. Luxon
Department of Chemistry
Purdue University
West Lafayette, IN 47907
(317) 494-5289

EMAIL [email-masked]  
6/15/94
____________________________________________________________________________
|                                      |                                   |
|"You can't always get what you want,  | Dr. Bruce A. Luxon                |
|   But if you try sometimes,          | Chemistry Department              |
|     You just might find              | Purdue University                 |
|       You get what you need ..."     | W. Lafayette, IN  47907           |
|                                      | (317)494-5289; Fax (317)494-0239  |
|                         Mick Jagger  | [email-masked]      |
|______________________________________|___________________________________|