Subject: Molecular Modeling WWW site at NIH

From: [email-masked] (CMB Community Access Line)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 94 21:07:38 -0400

We are pleased to announce the availability of a molecular modeling oriented
information resource (http://www.nih.gov/molecular_modeling/mmhome.html)
at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) WWW server (http://www.nih.gov).

Novel information and services provided via this resource include:

"Molecules R US" - an interactive interface to facilitate access 
(browsing, searching and viewing) of the molecular structure data
contained within the Brookhaven Protein Data Bank (PDB). Features include
the ability to retrieve the data as text, static images of user-specified
views, and  "real-time" interactive images using a client-side program.

"PDB At A Glance" - a hypertext catalogue of the PDB suitable for
browsing purposes.  Structures can be displayed via the
"Molecules R US" interface.

"The NIH Guide to Molecular Modeling" - an illustrated hypertext-based
primer on molecular modeling methods, software, and applications in the
biological sciences.  This work currently covers the areas of molecular
graphics, molecular structure building, crystallographic databases, and
molecular energetics (including molecular mechanics, dynamics, and
quantum chemistry).

Development in these and other areas is ongoing. We are working on
adding more hypertext links to other WWW servers concerned with
molecular modeling software, methods, and biological applications,
including those of educational interest as they become available.  We
are also providing lists of molecular modeling software/suppliers, as
well as a survey of the molecular modeling literature.

Robert Pearlstein
Peter FitzGerald