Subject: AMBER File Conversion

From: [email-masked] (Dr. David N. Haney)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 22:00:17 -0700 (PDT)

AMBER and File Conversion Experts:

I was wondering if anyone has developed a tool to assist in the 
viewing of AMBER coordinate files.  In particular, it seems that 
someone must have dealt with the potential of converting AMBER's
coordinate files mdcrd and mincor for MINMD to a file type that 
could be read by Sybyl, Quanta or InsightII.  As far as I can 
tell BABEL cannot deal with this problem.

Thanks for the help.
-- 

        **************  David N. Haney, Ph.D.    ****************
        *  Haney Associates               Phone - 619-566-1127  *
        *  12010 Medoc Ln.                                      *
        *  San Diego, CA 92131            Fax - 619-586-1481    *
        **************  Email - [email-masked]  ***************

---

From: K Bryson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 12:40:28 +0000

Hi David,
		A little program called 'groch' in the 'util' directory
	of Quanta can be used to convert mdcrd files from amber to
	DCD animation files for Quanta. You also need to 'Import' a
	pdb file from amber to Quanta to get the topology of the structure
	into quanta.

	( Originally groch was for GROMOS mdcrd file to Quanta DCD
	  conversion, but Amber hasn't changed the format of this
	  output file from the original GROMOS standard. )

	Kev.

=============================================================================
                               
    K.Bryson                 email: [email-masked]   
    Biophysics Group         Tel  : +44 904 430000 Extn. 2236  
    Physics Department       Fax  : +44 904 432214
    University of York      
    Heslington              "Molecular modelling of DNA and its
    YORK, UK                    interaction with small molecules."
    YO1 5DD             

=============================================================================