Subject: COMP Newsletter (Spring/Summer 1994 issue) on-line!

From: "DR. DOUGLAS A. SMITH, UNIVERSITY OF TOLEDO" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 21:29:13 -0500 (EST)

Dear Computational Chemists and Others:

The Spring/Summer issue of the COMP Newsletter, the official publication of
the Computers in Chemistry Division of the American Chemical Society, is now
available on-line.  This issue contains 28 pages of useful articles and 
information about the COMP division, upcoming meetings, and other topics
of interest.  A partial table of contents includes:

Electronic Discussion Forum for Computational Chemists 
by Jan Labanowski and Charles Bender

Northern Illinois University Chemistry Gopher Site
by Steve Bachrach

A Sea-Change in Chemical Communication: Gophers and World-Wide-Web Systems
by Henry Rzepa

Opportunities in Computational Chemistry
by Allen Richon and Merry Ambos

Workshop on Building a Collaboratory in Environmental and Molecular Science
by Richard Kouzes, James Myers and John Price

Mosaic - You gotta have it!
by Tom Pierce

You can obtain the Newsletter in any one of four formats:

	text only (no graphics)				105 KB
	rich text format or .RTF (no graphics)		139 KB
	encapsulated Postscript (no graphics)		734 KB
	encapsulated Postscript (with graphics)	      7,560 KB

These are available via anonymous ftp as newslet1.txt, newslet1.rtf, 
compnop.eps and compp.eps in /pub/chemistry/documents/COMP_Newsletter. They
are also available at the via Gopher and WWW at CCl.

These files, plus their zipped equivalents, are also available at the 
University of Toledo via anonymous ftp.  The zipped files can be unzipped
using pkzip/pkunzip, and are significantly smaller (the files are 40 KB,
43 KB, 227 KB and 1,141 KB, respectively).  To access this site, follow
the instructions below.

     ftp  FTP.UTOLEDO.EDU (or 131.183.1.4)
     login: anonymous password: your_e-mail_address (please !).
     ftp> cd [.MMOD] for mail archives or cd [.CHEMISTRY....]
     for all other files.
     ftp> ls or dir (to  get the  listing of  all  files  which  are
     there.  Note this is a VAX VMS machine and ls -l will not work.
     ls will get you a short list, while dir will get you the more
     informative list, including sizes and dates of files.)
     ftp> get file_you_want.
     ftp> quit.

The newsletter also contains a form for joining the COMP Division.  Please
take advantage of it, you get quite a lot for only $5 per year.

The next newsletter, the Fall/Winter edition, will be prepared following 
the fall 1994 ACS Meeting in Anaheim.  Persons interested in contributing
a piece or an advertisement are welcome to contact me.

Douglas A. Smith
(WATCH FOR CHANGES IN THIS .SIG IN THE NEAR FUTURE)
Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry
Center for Drug Design and Development
 and
Chairman-elect, ACS Division of Computers in Chemistry

The University of Toledo
Toledo, OH  43606-3390

voice    419-537-2116
fax      419-537-4033
email    [email-masked]