Subject: YSN_response

From: [email-masked] (Frank Haase)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 1994 18:33:50 +0200 (MESZ)

Hi foreign colleagues in the states,

I'm from germany and read the comments of Mr. Boehm.
I fully agree with him especially in one important issue. What a pain it must
be to listen and read the awkward english of the aliens ! But its only a
feeling I have .... some words of his text look strange ... It would be
interesting to know where he comes from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...  in the absence of foreign contributions.  I have also noticed how poorly
written many of those foreign contribution are.  One has to wonder,
if a group of (usually 2-3) researchers can not construct an English
sentence without gross gramitical errors, how can they possibly be
                       ~~~~~~~~~~
effective communicators.  I know what it is like to sit through a 
university class (THAT I PAID GOOD MONEY TO ATTEND) with a foreign 
instructor that was basically impossible to understand.  (Why even
go through the motions of a lecture: just hand the students a book
and let them compete!)  Of coarse, communication can be just as 
                        ~~~~~~~~~
important in an industrial setting where one has to participate in ...

and writing, but also about reading and listening.  It will take a
real solid arguement to convince that this barrier does not radically
           ~~~~~~~~~
hinder ones ability to learn a difficult subject.  Next, the statement
implies that the immagrants will not export a sizable fraction of their
                 ~~~~~~~~~~
pay etc. back to their homeland: I have observed the exact opposite, ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

frank haase
[email-masked]

ps: immagrants, don't wori - be hepi !