Subject: basis set dependency of elec. pot.

From: Patrick Bultinck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 09:54:06 +0200 (MET DST)

Hello netters,
 
Maybe that after the previous quite vulgar and, in my opinion CCL-rules 
violating discussions we might get down to Computational Chemistry 
again.

A question I posted earlier, but that without any doubt went amist due to 
the above mentionned discussion goes like this :

Does anybody have a reference, or rather an opinion or experience with 
the basisset dependance of the electrostatic potential.
 
I would like to fit the charges to this potential since the n-dep. in 
S^nPS^(1-n) in Mulliken (n=0) and Lowdin PA (n=0.5) scares me off a little. 
That is why I would like to know how the basis set dep. of the elect. pot. 
behaves compared with the MPA and LPA approaches...
 
Any comments much appreciated, (let me know if interested in a summary)
 
Patrick, University of Ghent, Belgium, [email-masked]