Subject: Post doc positions in London

From: Jonathan Tennyson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 1994 16:28:40 -0300 (BST)

ROYAL HOLLOWAY, UNIVERSITY OF LONDON

 Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Theoretical Physics

An EPSRC funded Postdoctoral Research Assistantship is available to work
on low-energy electron-polyatomic molecule collision calculations with
Dr Lesley Morgan (Royal Holloway, University of London), Prof Jonathan
Tennyson (University College London) and Prof Philip Burke (Queen's
University of Belfast). The project will involve the development of a new
R-matrix method based suite of codes and would suit a candidate with a
background in either quantum chemistry or theoretical atomic and molecular
physics. The appointment will be held in the Department of Mathematics
at Royal Holloway and will be on the Research Staff Scale 1A,
currently 13,601 - 20,422  pounds p.a. (under review) plus
2134 pounds London weighting for a period of up to 3 years.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae, including the names of two
referees, as soon as possible to Dr. Lesley Morgan, Computer Centre,
Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX,
(Phone: 0784-443175, Fax: 0784-434348, email [email-masked])
>from whom further information can be obtained.

               UNIVERSITY OF LONDON

            European Union Fellowship

A Fellowship is available as part of the Human Capital and Mobility
Network `Electron and Photon Interactions with Atoms, Ions and Molecules'.
The Fellowship, which is for 9-months, will held at the University of
London in either the Department of Physics and Astronomy, University
College London or the Department of Mathematics, Royal Holloway.
The Fellowship is open to non-UK nationals of the European Union or
associated countries. Standard EU rates of pay will apply.

Potential applicants should contact Prof Jonathan Tennyson, Department of
Physics and Astronomy, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK,
(Phone: +(44)-71-380-7809, Fax: +(44)-71-380-7145, e-mail [email-masked])
>from whom further information can be obtained.