Subject: OPEN POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

From: BILL WELSH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 10:21:23 -0600 (CST)

I would like to post an opening in my lab for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in 
the application of computational neural networks to analytical/pharmaceutical
chemistry.  Salary is $25,000+ plus full benefits for first year with possible 
extension to a 2nd year.  This is a part of a large FDA-funded project to 
create a National Drug Database containing "scientific fingerprints" of all 
over-the-counter and prescription drugs sold in the USA.  A related project
involves the molecular simulation of chromatographic separations.

Some expertise in chemometrics and neural networks is required, but experience
in computational chemistry, commercial molecular-modeling software, unix-based
and PC-based operating systems, and QSAR/COMFA methods is desirable.  Position
requires good oral/written communication skills and is open immediately.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.  I expect that the
postion will be filled very soon, so please do not hesitate if interested.

Please mail or fax (314-553-5342) your CV including list of publications and
research experience, along with at least one letter of reference, to Prof.
Wiliam Welsh, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 8001 
Natural Bridge Rd., St. Louis, MO 63121.  My office phone number is 314-553-
5318.  The University of Missouri-St. Louis is an AA/EOE employer committed to
excellence through diversity.