Subject: CCL:Ribosomal RNA

From: "DR. LIOTTA" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Jul 94 16:48:00 EST

We would like to model the secondary structure of ribosomal
RNA and would like to contact anybody who has done similar
work or who can lead us to useful references. Are there any 
crystollographic structures  of ribosomal RNA available?

Thank you, V.Cornel,  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (C.S.RAMAN)
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 1994 17:47:41 -0500 (CDT)

> crystollographic structures  of ribosomal RNA available?

To the best of my knowledge there are two items in the PDB that might
interest you: (a) theoretical model of 5s rRNA  and (b) NMR structures
of rRNA.  Here are the headers for your information:

HEADER    RIBONUCLEIC ACID                        23-JUN-93   1ELH     
COMPND    5S RIBOSOMAL RNA (HELIX I) (NMR, 6 STRUCTURES)               
SOURCE    (ESCHERICHIA COLI)                                           
EXPDTA    NMR                                                          
AUTHOR    S.WHITE,P.MOORE                                              
REVDAT   1   31-JAN-94 1ELH    0                                       
JRNL        AUTH   S.A.WHITE,M.NILGES,A.HUANG,A.T.BRUNGER,P.B.MOORE    
JRNL        TITL   NMR ANALYSIS OF HELIX I FROM THE 5S RNA OF          
JRNL        TITL 2 ESCHERICHIA COLI                                    
JRNL        REF    BIOCHEMISTRY                  V.  31  1610 1992     
JRNL        REFN   ASTM BICHAW  US ISSN 0006-2960                  033 
########################################################################

HEADER    RIBONUCLEIC ACID                        22-JUN-91   1RRN     
COMPND    5 S RIBOSOMAL RNA (THEORETICAL MODEL)                        
SOURCE    (XENOPUS LAEVIS) OOCYTES                                     
EXPDTA    THEORETICAL MODEL                                            
AUTHOR    E.WESTHOF,P.ROMBY,C.EHRESMANN                                
REVDAT   2   31-JAN-94 1RRNA   1       REMARK                          
REVDAT   1   31-OCT-93 1RRN    0                                       
JRNL        AUTH   E.WESTHOF,P.ROMBY,P.J.ROMANIUK,J.-*P.EBEL,          
JRNL        AUTH 2 C.EHRESMANN,B.EHRESMANN                             
JRNL        TITL   COMPUTER MODELING FROM SOLUTION DATA OF SPINACH     
JRNL        TITL 2 CHLOROPLAST AND OF XENOPUS LAEVIS SOMATIC AND       
JRNL        TITL 3 OOCYTE 5 S $R/RNA$S                                 
JRNL        REF    J.MOL.BIOL.                   V. 207   417 1989     
JRNL        REFN   ASTM JMOBAK  UK ISSN 0022-2836                  070 

Cheers
-raman
-- 
C.S.Raman                           
UNIX Programming & Administration   
SPARC & SGI Systems                 [email-masked] - INTERNET
Department of Biochemistry          [email-masked] - CHPC
UTHSCSA                             [email-masked]
7703 Floyd Curl Dr.                 (210) 567-6623   [Tel]
San Antonio, TX 78284-7760          (210) 567-6595   [Fax]
******************************************************************************
         If a man's wit be wandering, let him study the Mathematics
                                                            -Francis Bacon   
******************************************************************************