Subject: inorganic chemistry

From: "jianling liu-->DERBY HORSE" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 1994 21:36:08 -0500 (EST)

Happy holiday, netters:

 Inorganic chemistry is a fascinating area, but those promising
 inorganic chemists --- (future Ph.Ds with major of Inorg. Chem.)
 are facing even more problems in this BAD job market, comparing to their
 organic or analytical fellows.

 I got this impression from C&E NEWS, various newspapers and the FACTs that
 are happening in many(?) universities:people(students) are moving out of
 inorganic chemistry area to Organic,Biochemistry,Analytical etc...OR they
 just don't consider INORGANIC when they first choose their research group.
 While organic MS and Ph.Ds have MULTIPLE choices during job searching,
 INORGANIC people are not so lucky --- they have little hope!
  
 In one word,job chances are the incentives. This really make inorganic 
 students feel frustrated and it HURTS science.

 I want to hear  your opinion.
 Please direct e-mail to me.I will summarize on the net.

 BEST WISHES