Subject: Announce: JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR MODELING

From: Journal of Molecular Modeling <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 94 19:51:43 METDST

***********************************
 		*				  *
		*  Journal of Molecular Modeling  *
		*				  *
		***********************************

   Megalon S.A. will be launching a fully electronical journal, the JOURNAL OF
 MOLECULAR MODELING on the  first of  January 1995. The  JOURNAL OF  MOLECULAR
 MODELING will accept papers from all areas of molecular and materials modeling
 both applications and method  development, ranging from classical and  quantum
 mechanical  modeling,  QSAR, "de novo"  ligand design,  neural nets,  genetic 
 algorithm, expert systems, information retrieval and management etc. J.Mol.Mod.
 will be edited by Tim Clark at the University of Erlangen. 

    Tim Clark, editor, Erlangen 1994.

****   Further informations follows below   ***********************************

 The new JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR MODELING is an attempt to overcome the financial
problems associated with publishing full color illustrations conventionally at 
a resonable cost and to avoid the long publication delays often associated with
bimonthly or  quarterly conventional  journals. The  journal will accept papers
from all areas of molecular and materials modeling, both applications and method
development. Papers will be subject to the normal peer-review system.

 It is  anticipated that the  first year's issue will  correspond to a roughly
bimonthly  conventional journal,  although, as outlined  below, the  JOURNAL OF
MOLECULAR MODELING will not  actually consist of papers  grouped together  into regular issues.
 
 Articles  published in the  journal will be  published first as  PostScript andcommon  word-processor  files  on  the  two  Megalon  FTP-servers.  Access  for
subscribers  will either be via  FTP or by  Gopher. A CD-rom  version  will be
released at the end of each year. A classical bound full color hardcopy version
will also be available at the end of each year. Subscribers will be notified of
new  papers  being  placed on the  servers by  Email and  will then be  able to
download the PostSript manuscript to their own workstation or PC, where they may
either view it with a public domain  PostScript viewer, or  print it in black or
white or color, depending on thier hardware. The servermode of publication means
that the  journal must not  adhere to a fixed  number of issues per  year, but 
rather  that the  individual  papers will become  available as  soon as they are
accepted and  proof-read. This should lead to  unprecedently short  publication
times. Papers may also be submitted electronically and as much of the refereeing
process as possible will use electronic communications.

Subscription Rates:

>  Personal Subscriptions (FTP or Gopher access, Email notification of papers)
							$ 75.- p.a.

>  Personal Subscriptions (FTP or Gopher access, Email notification of papers
   and CD-rom of the entire volume at the end of the year)
							$ 100.- p.a.

>  Library or Industrial Subscriptions (FTP or Gopher access, Email notification
   of papers and CD-rom of the entire volume at the end of the year)
							$ 200.- p.a.

>  CD-rom of past year's volumes			$ 100.- p.a.

>  Individual reprints (color) will be available after publication on a per page
  price basis. Ordering information will be published with the journal contents.

>  A bound color hardcopy of each year's volume will be available, probably from
   the Springer Verlag, Heidelberg.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^   Journal of Molecular Modeling                                              ^
^   Computer-Chemie-Centrum                                                    ^
^   Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg                                            ^
^   Naegelsbachstrasse 25                                                      ^
^   D-91052  Erlangen                                                          ^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^   email:	[email-masked]                                ^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^