Subject: Job in Australia

From: [email-masked] (Graham S Chandler)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 12:49:26 WST

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN AUSTRALIA?
	                If so read on

RESEARCH OFFICER

Department of Chemistry University of Western Australia

   Applications are invited for a Research Officer to work on the use
of the methods of theoretical chemistry and solid state physics in the
group led by Professors Chandler and Figgis.   Diffraction experiments
employing  x-rays and polarized neutrons and applied to transition
metal complexes yield respectively charge and magnetization density
distribution information in crystals.   The aim of the project is to
provide interpretation of such results at a fundamental level.

   Experience in computational theoretical chemistry and in computer
programming will be essential, and knowledge of some or all of density 
functional methods, of band structure treatment of solids, of
crystallography, and of coordination chemistry will be expected.   The
ability to  communicate readily in English is essential.

   The appointment will be for one year in the first instance, but it
is expected that reappointment for a second year will be available.  
The  salary will be in the range A$26533 to 36688, with the initial
level  determined by qualifications and experience.  A contribution
towards relocation expenses, depending on individual circumstances, may
be available.

   Enquiries shpould be addressed to Professor Brian Figgis on 
		 phone    61 9 380 3157
		 email    [email-masked]

   For a duty statement and selection criteria contact the University
  Human Resources Office on
		 phone 61 9 380 3733
		 fax   61 9 380 1194
		 email [email-masked]

   A written application consisting of a statement addressing the selection
 criteria, a resume  and the names and fax/telephone numbers/email addresses
 of two referees should reach the Director, Human Resources, The University
 of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA, 6009, Australia. Applications may also
 be sent by fax to 61 9 380 1194 or by email to [email-masked]
   The closing date is July 26.